Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Battle of Monte Cassino 70th Anniversary commemorations

Article about: Thanks very much for the pics. I would have loved to have been there. Cheers, Ade.

?

I just joined the forum because I was impressed with what information you are able to discover.

My parents both survived Russia and were in the Polish II Corps. My mother was a PSK, nurse with the 3rd field hospital.
    I have always wanted to know what unit my dad was in during the September campaign and which prison he was in, in Russia. He was interned in Lithuania, but then what? He was in the cavalry, I know, but with which unit? I have it down to two. He was with the 7th Horse Artillery Regiment once in Ander's Army and he did fight in Monte Cassino. I am going through all their medals and patches and am fascinated by the photos posted from the 70th anniversary. They are both deceased now so my direct resources are gone. His name - Zdzislaw E. Serbinski, my mother - Stanislawa E. Krasowska Serbinska. Anything you can find out about either of them would be appreciated.

Hello BasiaS,

May I be the first to welcome you to the War Relics Forum, I have been able to find the following information for both of your parents:

Podporucznik (2nd Lieutenant) Zdzislaw Eugeniusz Serbinski, Born 16th April 1916, Army Number (also found on his ID Tags): 1916-286-III, Unit: 4Pulk Artilerii Lekkiej (4th Light Artillery Regiment), 5KDP 5th Kresowa Infantry Division, awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 19987.

Siostra.Sal. Stanislawa Serbinska, Born 30th April 1920, Army Number (also found on her ID Tags): 1920-350-III, Unit 3 Szpital Wojenny (3rd Military Hospital), awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 43031.

Basia would I also be correct in stating that your Father passed away in 1979 aged 63.

Well I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Last edited by andrzejku98; 05-29-2014 at 10:39 AM.

?

Andziej,
    Thank you for your information. I do not have my dad's Cassino Cross, but I have my mother's.
    Is there any way to find out about his cavalry information and pre-Anders prison information?

Thank you,

Hello Basia, and may I be the second to welcome you aboard.

I am hopeful that Andrzej has identified the correct individuals, and if so you now have some very important pieces of the puzzle about your parent’s WW2 service.

If it is at all possible, please photograph your parent's decorations, patches, and any other related items and post here for our members to see. We may be able to provide additional pieces of the puzzle for you.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Basia,

Luckily enough your Parents were the only recipients listed with the Serbinski/Serbinska Surname, I have tried to get onto a web site called Index of victims of soviet repression without any joy, hopefully a Forum member will be able to chip in with their new website address.

To get back to your Fathers service record pre September 1939, it would be worth writting to the Polish Army Records Centre at Rembertow, near Warsaw to see what records they have on him, unfortunately I only have the Rocznik Oficerski (Officers Yearbooks) for: 1923, 1924, 1928, 1930, 1932 and the Reserve Officers Yearbook for 1934. Perhaps one of the Forum members has a copy of the 1939 Yearbook who could help.

Also the British Ministry of Defence will also have copies od your Fathers Service Record, because the 2nd Corps was under 8th Army Command, but were the Polish Records are easy to obtain the British M-o-D will charge you £25.00p, plus you will have to provide a copy of your birth certificate and your Fathers Death Certificate.

But do not give up hope.

Best wishes

Andrzej

jwp
    ?

thanks for sharing these superb photographs,
    regards,
    John.

Hello Basia.

Would I be correct in thinking that your Grandfather's Name was Marian born about 1882 and his wife Paulina born about 1888 if they are then I have found an entry for them including your Aunt and your Father.

Please let me if it is them and I will send you details.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I have found another veteran that attended the 70th Annivserary at Monte Cassino on the 18th May unknown until now:

The Battle of Monte Cassino 70th Anniversary commemorations

Left of picture seated St.Strzelec (later Plutowny) Zbigniew Gondek VM KW MCC 5115

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

You are correct, Marian and Paulina, grandparents and dad's sister was Stanislawa.

?

These are some of my parents medals, badges and patches. I only have my mother's MCC and her dog tags. The others are my dad's, I'll assume. Can someone tell me what the little pin with SPK is all about? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Battle of Monte Cassino 70th Anniversary commemorations  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast