Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Battledress 15 Lancers - what do you make of this one?

Article about: Gentlemen This is for sale on ebay. What do you make of it? Are they 15th Lancers collar patches? Sorry not the greatest of photographs but I don't think I like it - have there been later ad

?

Default Re: Battledress 15 Lancers - what do you make of this one?

A PPOR slip on rank BD I used to own ....

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battledress 15 Lancers - what do you make of this one?   Battledress 15 Lancers - what do you make of this one?  

Nice pic Dorava. There’s the proof that US made uniforms were used by the Poles. My guess is this was taken in allied-occupied Germany. The chap in the wz.37 field cap may be a freed Polish POW.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi guys,
    Dorava's pic shows soldiers and a chaplain of the Polish "Sobieski" Guarding Camp in Zimming (Polski Obóz Wartowniczy "Sobieski" w Zimming), the Moselle departament of Loraine, France. In other words they are members of the US-commanded Labor Service in France.
    I've got a few camp bulletins and a set of pics from that camp including dorava's pic.

Regards,
    Tom

Quote by Thomas the Tank Engine View Post
    Hi guys,
    Dorava's pic shows soldiers and a chaplain of the Polish "Sobieski" Guarding Camp in Zimming (Polski Obóz Wartowniczy "Sobieski" w Zimming), the Moselle departament of Loraine, France. In other words they are members of the US-commanded Labor Service in France.
    I've got a few camp bulletins and a set of pics from that camp including dorava's pic.

Regards,
    Tom

How about starting a new thread Polish "Sobieski" Guard Camp in Zimming (Polski Obóz Wartowniczy "Sobieski" w Zimming)? Would love to see some of the bulletins and photos in your collection?. It could be a thread about all of the Polish Guard Companies in Allied occupied Europe?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

excellent information! Would it be possible to post your photos...I thought this photo was taken in Germany, never occured to me could be France.
    thank you

Quote by Thomas the Tank Engine View Post
    Hi guys,

Regards,
    Tom

Gentlemen,

This is all so interesting. Great photos and I'd love to see the others too that Tom mentions. Many thanks for your help and comment.
    All the best
    James

Hi guys,
    Actually, there's been a thread on the Polish Labor Service once: LAB, SERV, COMP, (RAMP, GUARD) Polska Kompania Wartownicza
    I'd like to encourage you to add there some pics of LS badges, uniforms and documents from your collections. I'm writing a diploma on the Polish LS insignia so any contribution to this little known thread would be very appreciated.
    Unfortunately I can't find the Zimming set now so I'll post some pics later.

Regards,
    Tom

The uniform eventually sold for £310.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2