Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Berets

Article about: Hello, I have seen some blue berets associated with Polish uniforms.Is there any significance to these colours or are they a collector affection?Also are the 4 piece Gelfer made pieces the o

Thank you Tony for sharing such a fantastic piece! I have never seen such a beautiful pre-WW2 Polish beret.
    Comming back to my beret - has anyone came across a beret withouth the liner and a sweatband? Mine appears to never have a liner inside...

Miko, yeah, that is an amazing survivor. Without a doubt one of the rarer IIRP headwear.

As to your question, I can’t say I’ve ever seen a legitimate military issue beret without liner. I’m not sure about the Polish worn 1939-40 French issue berets though. More research required here. I do know that removal of date marked liners on post war issue berets is a trick used on “składaki”. Always a warning sign.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

This is not a pre-war Polish Armoured beret, if original I would lean towards Polish Armoured Brigade in France. The berets the Poles wore in France were bigger in shape then the pre-war ones which were meant to fit the head tight, just like in the photo Tony posted, the tight berets were also worn by the Polish Air Force.
    There was a pre-war black beret which was a bigger one and this was worn by Anti-Aircraft units.

I know some boys discussed this beret on the Polish militaria Facebook page and they agreed the eagle is a English made one, which begs to ask why on earth would a high ranking officer do this in England if you are being issued British Armoured berets.
    Without a makers mark inside the beret I would lean towards it being a made up beret sorry to say.

?

I have only two berets PSZ .
    This is first, in my collection around 5-7 years
    Berets
    Berets
    Berets

BeretsBerets

Here is one i picked up from a Friend and a Forum member. It belonged to Rtm Gajewski, who fought in Warsaw Uprising in Battalion Kilinski.
    It has his initials inside. Rtm Gajewski ended up in II Corps in 25th Uhlan Regiment.

Default jiggery pokery

post war RAF beret. the metal grommets and stiffener for the badge have been removed. couple of quick pics to show an unadulterated example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Berets  
    Attached Images Attached Images Berets 

Here is one that sold on EMedals.com .
    [attach=config]1245126[/attach
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Berets  

BeretsBerets
    Advertised as Polish Paratrooper Beret. I was not aware of British Beret Basque LTD made a beret that was used by Polish Paratroopers. To top it off the Eagle has blue background...
    Totally wrong for Paratrooper.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast