Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Book: Od Caen do Wilhelmshafen

Article about: Not to clog up the books thread unduly, as promised, a more in-depth look at "Od Caen do Wilhelmshafen - szlakiem 1 PA MOT-u". The copy I have is number 210 of a print run of 300.

Default Book: Od Caen do Wilhelmshafen

Not to clog up the books thread unduly, as promised, a more in-depth look at "Od Caen do Wilhelmshafen - szlakiem 1 PA MOT-u". The copy I have is number 210 of a print run of 300. I believe my uncle served in this particular unit, so it might explain why it is now in my possession. Anyway, here's just a few things for starters:

The cover. It's a bit dog-eared, but I can live with that

The dedication by the head of the unit, PPlk Boryslawski to the original recipient, a Podchorazy Zygmunt Makowski

Title page with sktech of 18th century artillerymen. There's another dedication top right from two completely different people - so this book was passed around some.

The preface

A photo of Pplk Boryslawski. Note the bonfire in the background draped with a Nazi flag and a petrol jerry can at the ready to get the blaze going...

Have some scanned photos to pop up a little later. I've also took the opportunity to have a closer look. This seems to be a yearbook-type thing, with poems and stories as well as descriptions of various engagements and photos. There is also a list of fatalities in the unit between 8th August '44 and 19th March '45, and likewise a list of those soldiers who were awarded assorted military honours, both Polish and Allied; VM, KW, croix de guerre and military medal. If anyone's interested, I can scan some more.

Default Re: Book: Od Caen do Wilhelmshafen

We've crossed paths on this one earlier. My father served in the 1st Motorised Artillery and I've been trying to get my hands on this book which sounds like it was really a regimental diary. I understand it's 88 pages in length. I'd be interested in any scans you can share or would be happy to pay to have the entire book scanned. Very rare indeed. I've tried everywhere to get a copy.

Quote by stepic51 View Post
    . . . . I understand it's 88 pages in length. . . .
    89 if you count the printing credit and date. Yes, a scarce book. I may know where an available copy resides and will check for you. PM will be sent.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Book: Od Caen do Wilhelmshafen   Book: Od Caen do Wilhelmshafen  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I'll see what I can do re scans, Stepic.