Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Books

Article about: Hi all, My partial reference book list which I have limited to English language editions only. It is a mix of out-of-print and more recent — Cazalet, V.A., With Sikorski to Russia, Lon

Thank you both for your quick reply! These are the books I am looking for! I will see if I can find them somewhere.

A new book release:

Armoured Hussars – Images of the 1st Polish Armoured Division 1939-47 by Janusz Jarzembowski

Books

Books

I ordered my copy today.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Everyone,

A new book purchased last week by Professor Norman Davies.

Books

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzej, I ordered my copy last week and am awaiting delivery. Do you have yours yet, and if so what are your thoughts?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello Tony,

Many thanks for your post, yes I have mine and on the whole the parts that I have read are good except for the article on the Monte Cassino Cross were Professor Davies has used the Internet and the Wikipedia information. Why he used that when he had access to the PISM Archives through his ex student Dr Andrzej Suchcitz.

In the past I have always found that Prof. Davies's books like the "White Eagle Red Star" covering the Polish Bolshevik War of 1920 was a brilliant read when I first picked it up in the 1980's.

In Trail of Hope Davies follows in the footsteps of soldiers of the 2nd Corps from Russia to Iraq, Iran, Palestine, Egypt, Italy and also covers the plight of Polish Refugees in India, West Africa, New Zealand etc.

On the whole I would say that it is a very good read and reference for the 2nd Corps.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Many thanks for your comments Andrzej. It's a shame to hear that some factual errors have been made. We all know that the web and Wikipedia are hardly an infallible source of information. Regardless, I look forward to reading it.

Many thanks again,
    Tony

Hello Everyone,

To follow on from Tony's post Nr 212 volume 2 is now available, I have included a few scans of pages hope you like

Books

Books

Books

Books

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. click to enlarge in a new window

Hello Everyone,

For those enthusiasts of the PAF Squadrons during WW2, 3 Volumes on the History of 303 Squadron by Wojtek Matusiak

Books

Books

Books

Best wishes

Andrzej

Also the book, "a question of honor" from Lynne olson and Stanley Cloud is recommended, for those who intrested in this theme.
    Fantastic book that discribes the history of Poland and the Polish people during ww2 with as red line the 303th squadron.

recommended and very good read. Thanx again Tony for the tip by the way !

Rgrds, Pieter.

?

Found this lately:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Books  

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast