MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Brązowy Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami - serial numbers?

Article about: This may seem an odd question but was the BKZzM (Bronze Cross of Merit with Swords) a serialized decoration like higher decorations? If so are there serial lists and recipients? I've seen li

Default Brązowy Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami - serial numbers?

This may seem an odd question but was the BKZzM (Bronze Cross of Merit with Swords) a serialized decoration
    like higher decorations? If so are there serial lists and recipients? I've seen lists of recipients but no serial numbers.

Chris..........

Default Re: Brązowy Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami - serial numbers?

Hi Chris, nope, not serial numbered. There are lists of recipients though.

Pics of a Spink & Son product below in one of the two types of cases these were issued in.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brązowy Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami - serial numbers?   Brązowy Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami - serial numbers?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for confirming that Tony. Who manufactured those medals issued in Italy?

Chris........

S.A. Picchiani & Barlacchi. Silver 2nd Class cross posted below.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brązowy Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami - serial numbers?   Brązowy Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami - serial numbers?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Here's a photo of then Col. Stanislaw Sosabowski, C.O. of the 1st Polish Independent Parachute Brigade just after being decorated with the Gold Cross of Merit with Swords on Sept. 4, 1943. You can see that it is a Spink & Son product.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brązowy Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami - serial numbers?