Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone id this guy

Article about: Picked up this photo at the fea market today , it has details can anyone read his name or know this guy

Default Can anyone id this guy

Picked up this photo at the fea market today , it has details can anyone read his name or know this guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone id this guy   Can anyone id this guy  

Can anyone id this guy  

Kapitan (Captain) Edward Kwasnica, I Corps, parachute badge # 0823.

Thank you very much

The third word is Broadlands and the fourth looks like Aber.....something, looks like he was based in Wales!...

His other photo:

Can anyone id this guy

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    The third word is Broadlands and the fourth looks like Aber.....something, looks like he was based in Wales!...
    Looks like "Abernethy" to me.

Hello Kradman,

I looked Edward Kwasnica up in the Rocznik Oficerskli 1932 (Officers Yearbook 1932) it lists a Edward Kwasnica has serving with the 36ppLA, born 10th June 1899 with KZ sr (Silver Cross of Merit).

The only other bit of information that I came across was from the London Gazette Dated 21st January 1949 issue number 16614 page 22, which lists a Edward Jan Kwasnica living at Beech Cottage, Stanley in Pertshire, Scotland Occupation Mushroom Grower. Being granted British Citizenship, Certificate Number AZ49462 dated 4th December 1948.

That is all that I could find.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you guys interesting to find out some info about him

Forget what i said about Wales Broadlands is a house on Station rd, Abernethy in Perth.