Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone offer more information about my father's Polish Paratroopers Badge?

Article about: I found my father's badge in my mother's belongings when she passed. I would appreciate any information about the engraving and numbers on the back of the badge. The number on the eagle appe

Default Can anyone offer more information about my father's Polish Paratroopers Badge?

I found my father's badge in my mother's belongings when she passed. I would appreciate any information about the engraving and numbers on the back of the badge. The number on the eagle appears to be 0656. My father's surname was Wagner. Thank you so much in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone offer more information about my father's Polish Paratroopers Badge?   Can anyone offer more information about my father's Polish Paratroopers Badge?  

Can anyone offer more information about my father's Polish Paratroopers Badge?   Can anyone offer more information about my father's Polish Paratroopers Badge?  

I have found some additional items - hoping someone can shed light as to their significance. There appears to be a bracelet of sorts with my father's name engraved as well ss a pin that says "Warranted Superior". Thank you again!

?

Hello Meannie,
    2nd Lieutenant Leslaw Wagner was the Ade-De-Camp in the 1st Battalion HQ Company.
    He was at "Market-Garden" (Arnhem), and jumped on the 23rd September at Grave in Holland.

There's not too much more to go on, .... unless you are prepared to retrieve his war record from the MOD archives.

Regards

Gary J.

Thank you Gary. How does one begin to request war record from MOD(Ministry of Defense)?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone offer more information about my father's Polish Paratroopers Badge?   Can anyone offer more information about my father's Polish Paratroopers Badge?  

?

There is a section that explains personal research ...

Researching a Polish Exile Combatant.

Thank you!