Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

can anyone tell me about this Polish cap badge I found in a box

Article about: Hi I found this is a box and a friend said it is a polish cap badge?? I am not sure.

leeb2012
    ?

Default can anyone tell me about this Polish cap badge I found in a box

Hi I found this is a box and a friend said it is a polish cap badge?? I am not sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can anyone tell me about this Polish cap badge I found in a box   can anyone tell me about this Polish cap badge I found in a box  

Last edited by leeb2012; 05-21-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Default Re: can anyone tell me about this Polish cap badge I found in a box

Hi Leeb, and welcome to the forum. Your friend is correct. You have a WW2 era Polish hat badge that was intended for wear on FS caps and berets. I’ll relocate your thread to the appropriate section of the forum.

Your badge was made by London based firm J.R . Gaunt. The design is a patterned after pre-WW2 hat badges intended for the polish equivalent of the FS cap, the “furazerka”, aka side, wedge, or forage caps.

These and other Polish WW2 era hat eagle badges are discussed in depth here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...p-eagles-1980/

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can anyone tell me about this Polish cap badge I found in a box  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne