Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Captured equipment in Polish hands

Article about: Hi guys, Could you post here your photos of Polish soldiers with captured German or Italian weapons and equipment or photos of such stuff from your collections?

?

Default Re: Captured equipment in Polish hands

Bologna, 21 April 1945.

German Souvenir!!

Enzo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Captured equipment in Polish hands  

Hi Enzo,
    It's a superb pic.
    Have you ever seen a pic of Polish soldiers with the FG 42 or any other part of FJ equipment?

Regards,
    Tom

?

Hi Tom,
    I have seen hundreds of photos of the 2nd Corps in Italy, held by the Sikorski Museum in London, but I have never seen Polish soldiers using German equipment.

I don’t know if some Polish units used German equipment, but I am sure that you will never find official photos, like the ones held at the Sikorski Museum, showing captured weapons used by 1st or 2nd Corps.
    It is a matter of propaganda!

This would mean two things:
    1) the British industry is unable to supply our troops with sufficient weapons or equipment.
    2) the German weapons are better than ours and our troops prefer to use them!

For this reason I think it would be very difficult to find German weapons or equipment used by official Polish units.

Regards
    Enzo

Quote by enca View Post
    Hi Tom,
    I have seen hundreds of photos of the 2nd Corps in Italy, held by the Sikorski Museum in London, but I have never seen Polish soldiers using German equipment.

I don’t know if some Polish units used German equipment, but I am sure that you will never find official photos, like the ones held at the Sikorski Museum, showing captured weapons used by 1st or 2nd Corps.
    It is a matter of propaganda!

This would mean two things:
    1) the British industry is unable to supply our troops with sufficient weapons or equipment.
    2) the German weapons are better than ours and our troops prefer to use them!

For this reason I think it would be very difficult to find German weapons or equipment used by official Polish units.

Regards
    Enzo

Hi Enzo,
    I agree, we won't rather find such official photos, but most of pics we've got in our collections are private ones.
    BTW I've seen a photo of 5 KDP soldiers in liberated Bolonia, one of whom had a captured German bread bag model 31.

Regards,
    Tom

Oops, I've typed "Bolonia" instead of Bologna by mistake.
    BTW I'm not sure, but AFAIR Polish soldiers used one Type 82 Kübelwagen in Normandy.

Regards,
    Tom

?

Hi Tom,
    is this one the photo with the "Brotbeutel"?

E.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Captured equipment in Polish hands  

Hi Enzo,
    Indeed it is. There's also a famous pic of the SBSK soldier aiming the MG 34 with Doppel Trommel at the photographer. AFAIR this pic belongs to Zbigniew Wawer.

Regards,
    Tom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3