Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Cased Decorations and Badges

Article about: Okay here we go item number one: A WW2 Spink Silver Cross of Merit medal in its original case. The case has a velveteen moulded lining and is generally more deluxe than its counterpart the b

Default Cased Decorations and Badges

Okay here we go item number one:

A WW2 Spink Silver Cross of Merit medal in its original case. The case has a velveteen moulded lining and is generally more deluxe than its counterpart the bronze Cross of merit. The silk lined top half of the case bears the name of the manufacturer. This particular example belonged to W. Samira Lt. Colonel 4th Scorpions
    Attachment 155250

Default Re: Cased Decorations and Badges

Good thread Rob! Cased decorations and badges have a special allure. Let’s hope we get some good participation here. And we may eventually need to start a counterpart thread in the pre-war section.

Nice cross, especially with the direct connection to a senior officer of the 4th Armoured Regiment. Do you have the award document? The ribbon appears to be a replacement as it differs from the very distinctive Spink wartime issue.

Here’s a Spink cased silver Cross of Merit with Swords on original issue ribbon. The case lining has recessed pockets to fit the protruding backside of the swords section, and also the pinback on the ribbon at the top.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cased Decorations and Badges   Cased Decorations and Badges  

Cased Decorations and Badges   Cased Decorations and Badges  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Next up is a cased “Order of Poland Restored” Polonia Restituta cross, Knight’s (5th) Class by Spink & Son. It is complete with matching award document to a PAF Flight Lieutenant, issued in July 1945. The document is signed by the great General Kazimierz Sosnkowski.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cased Decorations and Badges   Cased Decorations and Badges  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

A Silver Cross of Merit pre 1939 1st Type.
    The cross is on a silk ribbon and is numbered 433 on the reverse. The case itself coloured a dark red has 'SREBRNY KRZYZ ZASLUGI' on the front in Gold lettering. The interior is moulded to the shape of the cross in a velveteen material.
    I have never seen a case for the Bronze or Gold cross so i dont know whether they ae the same or different.
    Below are a few pictures of the medal in its original case.Attachment 156980Attachment 156981Attachment 156982Attachment 156983

Attachment 156984Attachment 156985Attachment 156986Attachment 156987Another Spink Silver Cross of Merit in red case with miniature.

I was wondering whether the Virtuti Militari was presented in a case and if so does anyone have any pictures ?

A fantastic piece of militaria Tony thanks for sharing!!

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    I was wondering whether the Virtuti Militari was presented in a case and if so does anyone have any pictures ?
    I have yet to see an exile made VM is specially fitted box, although one would expect this considering the Polonia Restituta had its own. The only ones I have ever encountered utilize the standard 'deluxe' Spink case, as pictured below. This is a Type 1 5th Class, and a Type 2 4th Class.

Regards,
    Tony

3mk
    ?

Thanks for posting these guys, absolutly great
    Hopefully Ill have something to share soon