Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Article about: Dear members, I just joined, my name is Gianluca Vernole, I write from Casamassima, a town in Puglia, Italy. My country holds the oldest military cemetery of the 2nd Polish Corps for 5 years

Default Re: Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

I think the statment you can't trust the british is insulting,should read you can't trust goverments.that includes all of them.

Lubuska
    ?

If you are definitely related to Tadeusz Lubuska and can provide proof that you are next of kin then you can contact the MoD archives and they will give you his service history. You will need to complete a next of kin (Proof of kinship) form
    What if I can't provide proof that I'm next of kin to T.Lubuska himself, but can provide proof of kinship to Adam and Alfred Lubuska, who had also served in Polish forces in Britain? Tadeusz Lubuska is someone I've heard of from my father Adam, but I don't know how he's related to me or my father. My father died in 2000, when I was too young to be interested in his military past and now I'm trying to find out something more about his family (the Lubuskas), which now counts very few people - if not only me - in the world...

Quote by Lubuska View Post
    What if I can't provide proof that I'm next of kin to T.Lubuska himself, but can provide proof of kinship to Adam and Alfred Lubuska, who had also served in Polish forces in Britain? Tadeusz Lubuska is someone I've heard of from my father Adam, but I don't know how he's related to me or my father. My father died in 2000, when I was too young to be interested in his military past and now I'm trying to find out something more about his family (the Lubuskas), which now counts very few people - if not only me - in the world...
    Hi Lubuska,

If you cannot provide any proof of being the next of kin to Tadeusz Lubuska then MoD will not give you any service record information. Period. The MoD is extremely (and rightly so) protective of servicemen and women's records. They are not tasked with and do not assist in providing evidence in establishing family relationships.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

nuxdrozd
    ?

I'm very excited to have found this site! My father was Jozef "Napiecie" Drozd and, though he did not make a combat jump, I proudly display his jump wings and Polish insignia in my office for my cadets to see! I wish we hadn't lost contact with our Polish relatives.

?

Nuxdrozd,
    Welcome aboard
    Any chance of seeing a photo of your father's wing ?

Regards

Gary J.

GFC
    ?

Welcome aboard !

a pic of the back and the spinner would also be most helpful

Cheers,
    GFC

nuxdrozd
    ?

I'll take it out of the display for a pic when I get a chance. Are you wondering about his number? I can't recall, but I did match it against Dad's name in the roster. It was actually a Polish officer who happened to be a military historian that I met on an arms control inspection who found the number in the rolls and told me to check the back for a match. He explained the significance of the number and the fact that the wings have no combat wreath, which of course indicates no jump back into Poland. I know he saw some action, possibly at Arnhem, but have no timelines (i.e., before or after entry into the Cichociemni). He spoke virtually nothing of his experiences and, sadly, passed away when I was just 12. I have a few pics, one of which we believe might depict the Russian prison camp in which he was incarcerated before Russia switched sides. He was with Anders (sp?) on the march to Tehran.

Jedrzej Tucholski book 0306

nuxdrozd
    ?

0306 sounds right, and I have cross-checked it in Tucholski's book. Dad's insignia are on my office wall, so I'll re-verify when I go back to the office. My old scanner isn't compatible with Windows 7, so as soon as I have a new one I'll scan in what pics I do have. Has anyone heard a story of an operation, possibly involving a high ranking member of the Polish government being smuggled out of Poland, in which just as the aircraft lifted off, German troops emerged from the woods and killed all the people who had been holding torches to light the airstrip? It's a rare story of my Father's from my childhood and I have the impression my Father was somehow part of it.

?

It also looks like your father was marked up as a Flying Officer. ... The "plot thickens" !!!!

Regards

Gary J.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast