Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Article about: Dear members, I just joined, my name is Gianluca Vernole, I write from Casamassima, a town in Puglia, Italy. My country holds the oldest military cemetery of the 2nd Polish Corps for 5 years

Default Re: Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

I just visted a the Muzeum of a well known Female Cichociemni operative today called Ełżbieta Zawacka, in the Archiwum i Muzeum Pomorskie Armii Krajowej oraz Służby Polek in Toruń. It has got a lot of info in the Archives and in particular that i saw her personal items, uniforms and Decorations. If anyone is interested i will go back and see if i am able to take any photos to show on this thread of what is there.

Quote by Cenowski View Post
    . . . If anyone is interested i will go back and see if i am able to take any photos to show on this thread of what is there.
    Please do!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

trevbrown
    ?

Calling "Lubuska" and anyone related to Tadeusz Lubuska "Zamar" - I have some information relating to him and his family and invite you to get in touch with me.

An very nicely sculpted, large commemorative cichociemni eagle wall plaque in cast brass. Seller could not offer any information about who produced the plaque (can't find any makers marks), how many were made or for what purpose? Any thoughts welcomed?

Now just need to find a space on a wall at home

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Stefan,
    These plaques were made for gravestones etc.
    They were unofficial, and tended to be available via the ZPS so I believe.

I have a "master" copy of a variant which was last used to produce three sub castings for some war memorials in Stamford UK.

I've attached two photo's of two of the memorials ..

Regards

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cichociemni (Polish SOE)   Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

?

And the original "master" ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cichociemni (Polish SOE)   Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

Thanks Gary, I hope mine wasn't removed from a headstone...it's put a doubt in my mind now.

?

There's no weathering to the back ...... so I'm pretty certain it was not used for a gravestone ..

Cheers

Gary J.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Thanks Gary, I hope mine wasn't removed from a headstone...it's put a doubt in my mind now.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    There's no weathering to the back ...... so I'm pretty certain it was not used for a gravestone ..

Cheers

Gary J.
    Good point re lack of weathering.... wouldn't like to think that it was removed from a headstone or similar.

Unfortunately a common feature of the Uk, robbing metals from graves, and stealing plaques for scrap..... I hope that this is not the case. Where did you pic it up?

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast