Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Close up of Polish medals

Article about: Please see the attached close up photo of part of my late father-in-laws medals.close up of medals.compressed.pdf. Apologies for the quality of the photo - it was an original war time photo

Default Close up of Polish medals

Please see the attached close up photo of part of my late father-in-laws medals.close up of medals.compressed.pdf.

Apologies for the quality of the photo - it was an original war time photo saved in pdf form.
    I know all the medals but I have 1 question. The bar at the top with 3 stars on it - Would someone be able to tell me what the bar is, what color, the name of the bar type and what the stars represent, please.
    Many thanks for your help and information.
    Regards, Michael.

Hello Michael,

The Ribbon Bar in question in the photograph is the ribbon for "Za Rany i Kontuzje" (Ribbon for Wounds and Injuries) established on the 14th July 1920. A silver star denotes each injurie or wound as shown below.

The Stars where placed on a miniature ribbon of the Virtuti Militari and worn above other ribbon bars.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by aussiecollector View Post
    Please see the attached close up photo of part of my late father-in-laws medals.close up of medals.compressed.pdf.

Apologies for the quality of the photo - it was an original war time photo saved in pdf form. . .
    Adding the image to the thread in the event the PDF link dies:

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Nice photo of his many decorations.

Thanks Steve. The family is very proud of my wife's father's war record.
    On another matter, to complete his medals I would need to obtain 2 x ""Za Rany i Kontuzje" (Ribbon for Wounds and Injuries)" and 6 stars. Does anyone have any idea or info on where I can obtain these from??
    Thanks and best regards, Michael.

Tony,
    how can i get in touch with you offline/directly for a PM?
    Best
    Michael.

Hello Michael, I just sent you a private message with my contact info via the forum email. On to top right of your screen you'll see a "Notifications" tab. Click on that to reach your inbox.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne