Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Copy POLISH PARA ????? dug up or acid bathed !!

Article about: Hi all Just need a bit of help ....is this real or a wrong un !! ??? Picked this up cheap , looked better in the pics..my gut feeling is its wrong...but better safe than sorry as they say !!

Default HELP !! POLISH PARACHUTE BADGE ????? dug up or acid bathed !!

Hi all
    Just need a bit of help ....is this real or a wrong un !! ???
    Picked this up cheap , looked better in the pics..my gut feeling is its wrong...but better safe than sorry as they say !! Can those more knowledgable be so kind as to let me know ...seller has a 7 day return policy.....any help greatfully received !!
    Thanks
    SteveCopy POLISH PARA  ????? dug up or acid bathed !!Copy POLISH PARA  ????? dug up or acid bathed !!Copy POLISH PARA  ????? dug up or acid bathed !!
    Last edited by arrestingu; 09-23-2013 at 06:45 PM.

further picsCopy POLISH PARA  ????? dug up or acid bathed !!Copy POLISH PARA  ????? dug up or acid bathed !!Copy POLISH PARA  ????? dug up or acid bathed !!

..still looking for a bit of advice on this one !!
    thanks
    steve

?

Hello,

I don't know this badge at all but it looks like a not too well made cast badge. Don't know if they are supposed to be cast but there are small bubbles in it etc. Sorry but that is all i can help with.

Regards, Lars

not cast, but die struck...hence shear mark to edge appears to have been dug...but then maybe acid bathed to age...hopefully further help offered in due course...thanks for the input my friend.
    steve

?

3rd pic in the 1st post, the badge looks to be a cast. Quite a few small "bubbles".

Cheers

?

Go with your gut.
    Pete

It is absolutely copy - the numerals are incorrect and everything with this badge is wrong: the image of the eagle, screw, material. It seems that the metal was treated with acid.

Cheers,
    Jacek

Thank you all !!

?

As I collect dug up badges and buttons ect, if I am not sure if the item is truly dug or has acid used on it, I put my the tip of my tonge on it, if there is a "tingle" then I know is was done with acid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast