Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cpt. Ludwik Zwolanski, 1st Polish Para Brigade

Article about: About 2 years ago I met a fellow collector who told me that he had a Polish Para Officers uniform for sale. Another made up uniform I told myself.... But I was very wrong. I asked if he want

Cpt. Ludwik Zwolanski, 1st Polish Para BrigadeCpt. Ludwik Zwolanski, 1st Polish Para Brigade

In my Collection. I added a "combat Gapa ."

Cpt. Ludwik Zwolanski, 1st Polish Para BrigadeCpt. Ludwik Zwolanski, 1st Polish Para Brigade

In the book " Polish Paratroopers.." Cpt Zwolanski tell a story from Arnhem. It was tough to get water, because of the snipers, so he recruited two British Para to go with him to the well, and they got water, one Para got wounded in the hand.

Same Book, and many others tell about the Mission that got Cpt Zwolanski Virtuti Militari. I cannot of course forget about " Poles apart " by George Cholewczynski, best book on the subject.

Lt Pronobis who covered Cpt Zwolanski with a light machine gun for that mission was given a KW.

Words cannot express how great this is.. Thank you very much for sharing. I remember when I read about Cpt Ludwik Zwolanski for the first time, and now I have opportunity to see his uniforms. Thank you Krakow1!

Cheers
    Alex

Cool items!

A few Zwolanski's memorabilia related to Corean War are here:

Zwolanski, Ludwik | Center for Military Studies

Rafal

All of these pictures are courtesy of Gary J.Cpt. Ludwik Zwolanski, 1st Polish Para BrigadeCpt. Ludwik Zwolanski, 1st Polish Para Brigade

Getting ready to be decorated with VM.

Cpt Zwolanski emigrated to Australia. Korean War came and he went to War again, this time wearing Australian uniform.

GFC sent these to me, he found them on internet. Worth reading...... especially the last account of Eddie Wright.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast