Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

p37
    ?

Default Re: Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately I lost the auction with this cross... I still must look for a cross for my "collection". What do you think about these ones? Are these the "London Type"?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Last edited by p37; 07-30-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Default Re: Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Hi again Paweł,

Yes, this is the “London Type”, which is well covered in this thread. This is the most common of the wartime crosses and remain in plentiful supply. The reason for this is that a large unissued lot was released onto the market about twenty years ago, and they are still circulating. These are likely still mounted to their original ribbons. Check for the safety pin to confirm this. If so they are well worth scooping if the price is right as these won’t be plentiful forever.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

It's "London Type" ?
    Thank you !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  
    Attached Images Attached Images Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types 

"Palestinian" ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Hi Igor,

The Cross of Valour shown with the Question "Its London Type" unfortunately was made after 1990 in Poland

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi Andrzejku,

Thank you,

Regards,

Igor

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    It's "London Type" ?
    Andrzejku is correct. Often confused with earlier crosses, these modern KW's have several very distinct differences. The quickest way to differentiate them is by the guard on the reverse. Only the post-1990 cross has the redesigned guard with upturned quillons.

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    "Palestinian" ?
    Correct. This is a late-war production cross as evidenced by the die flaws on the obverse. They are most visible in the area of the "O" in the word POLU located on the left cross arm.

Regards,
    Tony

Thank You, Tony

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Correct. This is a late-war production cross as evidenced by the die flaws on the obverse. They are most visible in the area of the "O" in the word POLU located on the left cross arm.

Regards,
    Tony
    This cross "palestinian" too , but early-war production ?

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast