Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Thats around $60!!
    I wish i seen that one.

185 PLN - I would say totally undervalued.

Truthfully, I have seen a lot of COVs of various types included in large collection / selection at the Sikorski’s Institute in London – but this specific type with <> was not there.
    I would really like to research this specific type further – it may be an interesting addition to monograph of COVs
    Need to contact Mr Krogulec see what he says.

A

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    The Allegro auction results are there in the pictures I posted: 185.50 zl

Regards,
    T.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    185 PLN - I would say totally undervalued.

Truthfully, I have seen a lot of COVs of various types included in large collection / selection at the Sikorski’s Institute in London – but this specific type with <> was not there.
    I would really like to research this specific type further – it may be an interesting addition to monograph of COVs
    Need to contact Mr Krogulec see what he says.

A
    Had I seen the auction when it was running I would have jumped at it. Keep in mind that this cross is by far the most common “type”, and other than the unusual <> ”łącznik” it appears identical to the crosses with the more common suspension.

Is the ”łącznik” on your cross soldered on? In the pictures it almost appears not to be soldered. The more common variants are soldered on, so it’s possible that your may have been struck as one piece with this part.

And also if you do get an answer from Mr. Krogulec please post here.

Regards,
    T.

Thanks T
    Answering your question - ”łącznik” is soldered on - the cross had been struck as one piece with this part.
    Will let you know if i track don Mr Krogulec.

Shuld we start the VM dsicusion line?
    This may be interesting too.

Regards

Had I seen the auction when it was running I would have jumped at it. Keep in mind that this cross is by far the most common “type”, and other than the unusual <> ”łącznik” it appears identical to the crosses with the more common suspension.

Is the ”łącznik” on your cross soldered on? In the pictures it almost appears not to be soldered. The more common variants are soldered on, so it’s possible that your may have been struck as one piece with this part.

And also if you do get an answer from Mr. Krogulec please post here.

Regards,
    T.

Thanks T
    Answering your question - ”łącznik” is soldered on - the cross had been struck as one piece with this part. . . .
    Sorry, I don't understand. It is either struck as one piece, or soldered on separately. Can't be both. Can you verify which one?

Regards,
    T.

T
    the cross had been struck as one piece with this part.

Sorry, I don't understand. It is either struck as one piece, or soldered on separately. Can't be both. Can you verify which one?

Regards,
    T.

T
    the cross had been struck as one piece with this part.
    Thanks. So it seems that your cross is a scarce one piece variant. I have six of this particlar type spread out in my collection, and all are of the soldered two part version. Again, please check with Mr. Krogulec for his comments and post here.

Regards,
    Tony

Thanks T
    I will try to research this pattern and contact Krogulec and share the findings.
    A

Thanks. So it seems that your cross is a scarce one piece variant. I have six of this particlar type spread out in my collection, and all are of the soldered two part version. Again, please check with Mr. Krogulec for his comments and post here.

Regards,
    Tony

Thanks T
    I will try to research this pattern and contact Krogulec and share the findings.
    A
    You do that.

And in the meantime I'll get on the hunt for one of these!

Cheers,
    Tony

3mk
    ?

Hey guys,
    Im looking for a Cross of Valor and as I dont have the most money in the world,What would be the cheapest varient?

Thanks

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast