Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

I AGREE THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL MEDAL. HONESTLY THERE ARE TOO MANY RED FLAGS FOR ME. IT HAS A REPLACEMENT RIBBON, LOW #, Its ribbon loop has been soldered replaced with one which YOU believe is from a Knedler. THATS MY OPINION AND NOWADAYS SO MANY AWARDS ARE COMING OUT OF CHINA,PAKISTAN, POLAND, BELGIUM,ETC... ETC... ITS REALLY HARD TO TELL WITH THESE BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION READILY AVAILABLE ON THESE ITEMS. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR QUEST TO SEEK THE TRUTH.

REGARDS

?

Quote by Thepro570 View Post
    (...) ITS REALLY HARD TO TELL WITH THESE BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION READILY AVAILABLE ON THESE ITEMS. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR QUEST TO SEEK THE TRUTH.

REGARDS
    If you read Polish I recommend Krzyz Walecznych by Grzegorz Krogulec. The best reference on the Polish Cross of Valour available.

?

Cool

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    We will definitely be impressed! The “22” is a difficult one to find. Unfortunately mine has no award document to accompany it.
    It's been 3-4 years since I started looking for it and I have seen only one listing up to date. I sure will post it when I get it. Patience is a virtue

Cheers

Quote by kosa View Post
    . . . Many Exile Crosses of type 19 look better than this one and have very similar fonts to type 11 on the reverse. . . .
    French “11” on the left vs the British made “19”. As you say, similar fonts among other details.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Default Patience is a virtue...

French “11” on the left vs the British made “19”. As you say, similar fonts among other details.
    Another "11" on original issue ribbon.

Attachment 617525

All the best for 2014!

today sold in France
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

?

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    today sold in France
    The ribbon is from the 20's. It looks to be sewn with a 2-ply silk thread just like they did back then.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it's high time to take a look at some of the Cross of Valour award document types.

First up is an early WW2 “temporary” award document. It's possible that a document format had not yet been formally established. This Cross of Valour was awarded to this officer for the September Campaign:

Here’s an example displaying the format that would become the wartime standard for the London issues. This one uses a slightly different font. A simplified font without serifs would eventually become standard. This award was issued in 1943 to a soldier of the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade for valour during the fighting in Africa:

An interesting “temporary” document from 1943 issued to a pilot serving on the Polish Air Force:

1945 posthumous award to this young sapper killed May 12, 1944 during the battle of Monte Cassino. The 10th Sapper Battalion issued award documents of their own format:

A second posthumously issued award document for this same soldier. This may be because the one issued earlier was nit viewed and an official document - ?? This is the “Bohusz-Szyszko” type issued post war to soldiers of the Polish 2nd Corps:

A Polish navy issue in standard wartime “London format” awarded to a sailor who joined the navy via the Polish Military Mission in Canada recruitment drive. Personally signed by Józef Unrug, incarcerated as a German POW throughout the war. He has a most inspiring story of staunch Polish patriotism in the face of persistent German overtures to sway his allegiance. Also signed by the captain of the ORP Garland, Bolesław Biskupski:

Pictured earlier in this thread, please excuse a repeat showing of what is unquestionably the rarest of the Cross of Valour award documents. Issued by the 2nd Infantry Fusiliers Division interned in Switzerland following the 1940 Franch Campaign. These were personally signed by C.O. General Bronisław Prugar-Ketling:

Lastly, the revised final format used by the Exile Government. Commonly seen for awards to members of the Polish Home Army resistance:

Please feel free to post other formats not pictured here.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Have not seen more types of the Cross of Valour printed award documents. Another catgory is temporary typed wartime and post war documents. They are often folded "legitymacja".
    On the “Bohusz-Szyszko” type documents. They are pink but I have a grey one signed by Szef W.D.O 2. Korpusu, pułkownik dyplomowany Brochwicz-Lewiński. It was issued in 1946.
    Still another category is temporary wartime typed and/or handwritten documents for awards to members of Armia Krajowa. I have seen a KG AK document typed in Warsaw.

Cheers

?

The 10th Sapper Battalion issued award documents of their own format:

Indeed, sappers had their own format of award documents. The Cross of Merit with Swords award certificates issued by Dowództwo Grupy Saperów have the same graphic design and format.

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast