Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Hello!

I'm from Russia , so sorry for my bad English .

I purchased this one Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych), but I have doubts as to its authenticity.

Several Russian collectors find it unacceptable that there are some defects : point over the letter U on the obverse , dents on the edge of the cross on the reverse. They also believe that this cross - copy made by casting , forging and not because at the ends of the cross there is no sign of the stamp.

Polish experts believe that cross O'K. In their view, the point of the letter U on the obverse has many crosses of this type ( a defect of the matrix ), and dents - a consequence of the impact of the stamp , which beat the reversal .

I appeal to you , as it is assumed that the cross made in England , so you can help in our dispute.

Enclose pictures of the cross on all sides.

Thank you in advance !

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

?

Quote by GraphiKS View Post
    Hello!

I'm from Russia , so sorry for my bad English .

I purchased this one Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych), but I have doubts as to its authenticity.

Several Russian collectors find it unacceptable that there are some defects : point over the letter U on the obverse , dents on the edge of the cross on the reverse. They also believe that this cross - copy made by casting , forging and not because at the ends of the cross there is no sign of the stamp.

Polish experts believe that cross O'K. In their view, the point of the letter U on the obverse has many crosses of this type ( a defect of the matrix ), and dents - a consequence of the impact of the stamp , which beat the reversal .

I appeal to you , as it is assumed that the cross made in England , so you can help in our dispute.

Enclose pictures of the cross on all sides.

Thank you in advance !

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types
    Привет,

Добро пожаловать на сайт клана Крестa Храбрых

The is genuine Exile Cross of Valour. This variant was made for the Polish Armed Forces in Exile in Great Britain from 1943 to 1945, and it shows many different imperfections and distortions.
    According to Krogulec there are three types of this variant: type 24, 24a and 24b. Some of them were made from bronze while others from pinchbeck. They differ in color which is ok.

Cheers

Thank you very much for your help!
    I found here a similar cross ( Krogulec, type 24). Right - my cross.

And you do not confuse the ends of the cross? I have assumed that at the cutting edge of the sheet should be sharper.

?

I found here a similar cross ( Krogulec, type 24). Right - my cross.

And you do not confuse the ends of the cross? I have assumed that at the cutting edge of the sheet should be sharper.
    Hi again GraphiKS,

Your cross seems to be "24" if I can see the suspension ring right. The one on the left looks to be "24b" or "24a" depending on the color which I can't see in the picture. The main difference between type 24 and 24a/b is the diameter of suspension rings.
    For “24” it is 1.6mm and the rings are not soldered while for “24a” and “24b” suspension rings are 0.9mm and are soldered. "24a" is golden and "24b" is dark brown. The crosses may show different production imperfections and distortions. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Good afternoon, Kosa!

Good luck in all your endeavors!

Regards, GraphiKS.

?

Good afternoon, Kosa!

Regards, GraphiKS.
    My pleasure GraphiKS

Береги себя

@edit too late i checked title "pre-ww2 types"

Quote by Helldude View Post
    @edit too late i checked title "pre-ww2 types"
    No worries, now moved over to the correct thread. A good looking set with the type 24 (Krogulec catalogue) mated up with 2nd Corps issue award document, both covered earlier in this thread.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi!

I would like to thank all those who post on this site a lot of photos Cross of Valour. In the first place, of course, Tony. This made it clear to distinguish them from each other.
    Krogulec reference too confusing, but based on its text and photos from various sources I do for myself a little reference to make it even easier to understand the Cross of Valour.
    I have a small request. I could not find any pictures to illustrate the items in the Krogulec reference. Maybe someone can help me? I need position: 3, 9, 9a, 15, 26, 26a, 27, 29, 29a, 30, L5, L8, L8a, L17, L21, L22, L24

Thank you very much!
    Sorry for my bad English...

Hello GraphiKS, thanks for your post. There’s no problem at all with your English skills.

To have this forum serve as the best reference source on the web for identifying the variations of this decoration remains the primary intent. Admittedly it’s been a little bit slow in the making. I will strive to continue posting examples, time and sources permitting. Of course, the participation of others in this endeavor is very much welcome, and some of those members noted below who have visited this thread will hopefully get involved in the team effort.

There are parallel threads for the two other eras (pre-WW2 Polish 2nd Republic, and the Soviet controlled Polish People’s Army) where a good portion of the crosses you are asking about belong, and hopefully those types will soon be included in those data bases being assembled.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast