Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Default Re: Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

The most common type is pictured below, which has been covered in detail earlier in this thread. The word is that there was a surplus lot of unissued ones shipped from the UK to Poland about twenty years ago and from there released onto the market. As mentioned earlier in this thread this type is sometimes labeled a Spink & Son product, and also said to be stamped from refurbished dies. One thing that it quite certain is that it is British made. But by whom?

You should be able to purchase one of these for under $100, although these too have jumped up in price over the past couple of years. Gone are the days when they were regularly selling for under $50.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

3mk
    ?

Ill try picking one up soon
    Ill also try picking up a pre-war one

Here is the other types more rare types of the KW smaller size 36mm.This on the right was awarded to Kapitan 13th Heavy Artillery Regiment after the WWII.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Now with a bigger size - Pre WWII KW. Jan Knedler maker.

Hi I have question about both medals. If there are original, what kind are they? The KW is much smaller than the one I have. If there are original, how much should I pay for each?
    Thank you,
    Marisuz

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

First off, to comment on Kristof’s post – that cross awarded to the artillery regiment captain is a very interesting one. It appears to be a French made variant. Although it has an unusual suspension for these. I’ll need to do some more digging to positively ID that one.

Mariusz, the Cross of Merit is genuine pre-war, but very common. Valued at under $50. The Swiss made (Huguenin Freres, Le Locle) 1940 Cross of Valour is rare, with only about 700 made. Unfortunately, this one is a copy. It is one of several copies floating about the market of varying qualities. This one is about a mid level quality. The finish is lacking, but the main characteristics such as the unique suspension is faithfully reproduced. Some of the copies (so called “Warton” issues) are so good that they can fool seasoned collectors.

Regards,
    Tony

Thank you so much i really appreciate your knowledge which has saved me some money, in this case.
    Mariusz

Thank you Mariusz. It just happens that I am a past victim of buying a fake 1940 Cross of Valour, so let’s just say I learned about these the painful way. It’s a very effective learning method I assure you, and one I don’t recommend!

Cheers,
    Tony

ccj
    ?

KW ribbon bar
    Attached Images Attached Images Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types 

?

"Small" Knedler - 36 x 36 mm...

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast