Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Hello Kosowski85,

May I be the first to welcome you to the forum.

With regards to the Cross of Valour shown it dates from 1993, produced in Poland these appear from time to time with different ribbons.

The sure give away is the sword guard with the upturned edges.

Once again welcome to the forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Kosowski85,

May I be the first to welcome you to the forum.

With regards to the Cross of Valour shown it dates from 1993, produced in Poland these appear from time to time with different ribbons.

The sure give away is the sword guard with the upturned edges.

Once again welcome to the forum

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Witam Andrzej and thanks for the welcome.

It is great to have such knowledgable people on here, as my collection is small (as is my financial means!) and I'd like to be confident in investing in something with real historical value.

The alternative I was looking at is the LWP example? The seller suggests it is a 44/45 example from Moscow? Again any opinions would be very much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Hello Kosowski85,

Yes, your seller is absolutely right. This KW was made in Moscow (USSR), the Moscow-mechanical stamping plant in 1944-1945. Position in Krogulec reference - L3.
    Hook on the ribbon is likely made the owner of this KW

Best wishes, Sergei.

Quote by GraphiKS View Post
    Hello Kosowski85,

Yes, your seller is absolutely right. This cross was made in Moscow (USSR), the Moscow-mechanical stamping plant in 1944-1945. Position in Krogulec’s reference - L3.
    Hook on the ribbon is likely made the owner of this cross.

Sincerely, Sergei.
    Thank you Sergei!

Is the 'reverse' ribbon a trait of Soviet made KW? I've not seen it often, but then as you can tell I am a complete novice on the matter.

Ribbons for Soviet-made KW sewn at the top.
    (Sorry, this theme is created for a negotiated about Exile Types.)

Here is a posthumous award of KW to a soldier of 18th (Lwowski) Rifle Battalion, 6th Lwow Infantry Brigade.
    I spoke to Andrzej to see if this soldier was awarded a Monte Cassino Cross, however he is not listed.
    Andrzej told me that the soldier died July 4th 1944 and is buried in Loreto Cementary in Italy.
    In my opinion he either got skipped when they were giving out Monte Cassino crosses, or he was a late replacement, possibly serving in german army before and coming to 18th Rifle after Monte Cassino.
    Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Hello gentlemen,

Any ideas on this KW1920?

Many thanks!

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Hallo, Iron Hussar!
    Are you interested in the authenticity of the cross or the type?

Hi GraphiKS,

Authenticity I am very much looking forward to getting one of these into my collection. It looks good to me, but I'm not sure about the font on the 1920...

There is no reason for concern. Small KW Knedler (Krogulec # 5 ) has just such a font 1920.
    Krogulec: «Figures date considerably higher and have a different typeface».
    I wish You a good purchase!

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast