Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Thank you Tony for your speedy reply, yes the ribbon looks silky so that was a plus for me and having just reviewed a few others thought it may be a Spink but always good to get superior knowledge.

Cheers

Hi Tony, gentlemen, sorry have itchy fingers tonight, came across this one but it doesn't have a date on the front (1920/44) and not sure what the bar signifies. From searching looks like a Różycki copy.

Any info would of course be gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards
    Stefan

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Quote by stefanr View Post
    Hi Tony, gentlemen, sorry have itchy fingers tonight, came across this one but it doesn't have a date on the front (1920/44) and not sure what the bar signifies. From searching looks like a Różycki copy.

Any info would of course be gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards
    Stefan

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types
    As I haven't had any replies to my question of authenticity to the cross above I have since found two more.

One dated 1920 and indicated as an early Spink & Son original.

and another dated 1944, sorry about the pics but that could of course be a deliberate ploy lol.

Kind regards
    Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Correct re the no-date KW, it's a Różycki copy. Also correct re. the Spink. Type "20a" in the Krogulec catalogue. The ribbon does not appear to be issue. Actually looks very much like a Palestinian made ribbon. I'll leave it to LWP/PRL collectors to authenticate the 1944 cross. Although it appears OK, and on issue ribbon.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony, even with my sparse knowledge thought correct about the first, I'll stay clear of that one. The 1944 KW is a PRL issue so combined with the bad pictures will probably leave that one as well.

Hi Stefan,

Wise decision. Be sure to grab a copy of the Krogulec book if you don’t already have one. Study it along with the info on the KW threads here, and view the archive sections of reputable auction / sales sites (such as Antykwarirat Numizmatyczny / Historicon) for their quality images of genuine crosses. If you’re serious about collecting then start saving the images and build up your own data base for reference. Before long you’ll be able to ID the variants on sight and discern the good from the bad, insofar as this is possible from web photos.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello Gents,

I just wondered what your thoughts were on this Cross of Valour? I would greatly appreciate any comments. Apologise for the poor quality of the photos. This is what I have.

Kind Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Hi Aleks,

This is a cross made by Warsaw based engraver Andrzej Panasiuk in the 1970’s for both the veteran and collector market.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Aleks,

This is a cross made by Warsaw based engraver Andrzej Panasiuk in the 1970’s for both the veteran and collector market.

Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

Thank you kindly for your prompt response!!

Regards
    A.

..By the way, May I kindly ask, how much Cross of Valour made by Andrzej Panasiuk in the 1970’s is worth? Sorry for that,
    Last questions, if you don`t mind, I would like to know when Mr. Panasiuk started making versions for collectors and veterans. Is any KW Mr. Panasiuk version`s would be rarer than other? Hope this makes sense. Thank you

Regards
    A.

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast