Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Hello Tomek,

I can remember seeing this particular ribbon in the POSK Centre Book shop In Hammersmith in the late 1990's.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thank you Andrzejku for your post.

Ribbons with letter on reverse A.B & C PARIS, this is Arthus Bertrand ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Hello Everyone,

A Cross of Valor, which was awarded to Marian Mrugalski.
    Here's the info I got from andrzejku98: "MCC Nr : 961 Kapral pchor.sp. (Corporal Officer Cadet) Marian Mrugalski, Born on the 4th September 1918 in Poznań, Army Nr : 1918-82-III, Unit 3BSK killed on the 13th May 1944, Buried at the Polish War Cemetery at Monte Cassino also awarded the Cross of Valour and Bar."
    You can also find additional photographs in my Monte Cassino post #2377.

Regards,

Greg

Hi Greg, beautiful Spink made cross. The bar is a Panasiuk product.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Tomek View Post
    . . . Ribbons with letter on reverse A.B & C PARIS, this is Arthus Bertrand ?
    Hi Tomek, yes quite likely the abbreviation for 'Arthus Bertrand & Cie' (and Company), well known maker of Polish decorations.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

KW collectors have long wondered whether or not Bialkiewicz made a KW. His VM's and KZ's are well known, but what about the KW?

Forum member Tomek recently purchased a "surplus lot" containing a mix of genuine unissued 2nd Corps badges and identifiable Bialkiewicz items. The items originate from an older UK based collection. The only uncertain items in the lot were several mysterious KW's. Tomek generously sent one of them to me, after asking opinions of other collectors in Poland.

The KW's are a cast copy of the Gr. Tech. made wartime cross - aka the "brzuchatka" (Krogulec #24). It is made from a soft alloy - typical for Bialkiewicz products - and likely bronze plated (I decided against getting the metal file out to check). Based on the strong circumstantial evidence, and the opinions of others who have seen this cross, this may very well be a Bialkiewicz KW. The question I have is why Bialkiewicz did not select a Spink cross, or one of the other variants as his model rather than the homely and crude Gr. Tech. version - ??

The pictures below compare the copy to a genuine Gr. Tech version. As is typical for cast copies, the overall dimensions are smaller due to manual edge finishing. Interestingly though is that the cross is thinner than the original, which is not often the case with cast copies. As always, comments are more than welcome.

(click on images to magnify)

Regards,
    Tony

?

Thank you Tony for your precise text and photos. Talking to several collectors, who met products of Mr. Białkiewicz. No one has seen this cross, but everyone confirms that the qualities are characteristic of its products.

I buy four of these crosses and they differ in color, from strong bronze to purple. As if they were fired in the oven?

We are still looking for confirmation.

Thanks again Tomek . I overlooked mentioning that you had included this cross in prior posts #356 and #359. Yes, hopefully one day we will have confirmation supporting the consensus that this is a Bialkiewicz product.

Regards,
    Tony

Hi everyone. I know that oryginal list recipients Cross of valor missing. Maybe can you tell me who was owner this one only? Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Hello Dawid,

Many thanks for your post, unfortunately the number is not one of those that I have found a Legitymacja for, so unfortunately at this moment I can not help you.

A very nice group though, missing the 1918-1921 War Commemorative Medal, 10th Anniversary of Independence Medal, 10 Year Long Service Medal, WW2 Army Medal etc.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast