Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Default Re: Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

I have seen same of your collections the displays look great. Now I want to make my own displays. Before making any I want to clean and make it in nicer shape my KW ribbon. Do you know how to clean ribbons and any suggestion how to form it?
    Mariusz

3mk
    ?

Hello Marius can you post more pictures of it?I might be able to help,If not I HIGHLY reccomend these ribbons PSZ na Zach. - Wst??ka do Krzy?a Walecznych (819588570) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro this seller accepts PayPal
    they also come with the wz 29 hook and eye clasp thats why I love them!

Regards

Emil

The ribbon I want to clean is from the first KW, the one with Legitymacja and can I iron it?
    Mariusz

3mk
    ?

You can try but make sure that you do not burn it.Hold it on for a few seconds take off and repeat,hope this helps

Emil

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Here is picture of pilots receiving KW. I have one picture of pilots receiving DFC.
    Mariusz
    Thanks for posting these, although it would be super to see them from a better angle – and ideally a high resolution scan. That appears to be the great General Tadeusz Bor-Komorowski in the photos.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    The ribbon I want to clean is from the first KW, the one with Legitymacja and can I iron it?
    Mariusz
    NO – stop! Please don’t clean it. Just leave it just as it is. It is a nicely aged ribbon with plenty of character.

Think of it this way:
    In under 5 minutes you can easily clean it up nice and bright. But it will take 60 more years to put that character back there.

Always resist the temptation to clean things thinking that it will make them better or more valuable. The truth is usually the opposite.

Regards,
    Tony

Thanks Tony maybe you are right, when I look closely the red color it is a bit of rust going through from that small ring and inside it looks nice bit of rust so maybe I will live it the way it is.
    Mariusz

Hello! Next KW from my collection, made in Bliski Wschod.

Regards

3mk
    ?

Nice one Micheal
    Rather off topic but is Psiajucha and Grzegosh on this forum yet?It would be great to have them here,WAH only has a international section but here theres a WHOLE section deticated to Polish militaria!

Emil

Hello,

Can you tell me whether this is an original or a copy?

Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast