Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early post-war period and N.S.Z.

Article about: Chaps! I am doing some memoir research on a very interesting (to me at least ) aspect of the early post-war period and N.S.Z. Anyone know anything at all about the leaders of the N.S.Z. talk

Default Early post-war period and N.S.Z.

Chaps!

I am doing some memoir research on a very interesting (to me at least ) aspect of the early post-war period and N.S.Z.

Anyone know anything at all about the leaders of the N.S.Z. talking to Poilsh leadership in UK about forming a Legion of Polish Volunteers in Spain to fight in Korea alongside the U.S. and British Armies???

Another fascinating thread of the same story:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histo...o-202-a-23074/

Another interesting Abwehr report:

"... Excerpted from a report by the Abwehr's Section II-East, dated November 11, 1944, and titled "Attitude of the Poles to Ukrainians," notes that the Soviets' anti-Ukrainian policy is being actively supported by Polish circles. For this reason, according to the report, agreement between the Poles and Ukrainians will not be possible even in the future. The report states further that some members of the Polish Armia Krajowa- AK (Home Army), as well as certain Russians, believe that some sort of secret truce may have been concluded between the UPA and the AK, or that the two groups may be secretly co-operating because of their common opposition to the Soviet Union. The attitude of the UPA towards the Polish Army led by Berling remains hostile."
    Last edited by StefanM; 08-07-2010 at 06:28 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Default Re: Early post-war period and N.S.Z.

Dear Skorpion,
    in 1969 my father cleaned my grandfathers flat in London after his death (Grandfather, Adolf Mroz, was Lt. in a 1 SBS staff. After the war he stayed in England and never returned to Poland. Between 1950-1951 he was president of Zwiazek Polskich Spadochroniarzy in London). My father remembers that he found many documents from the fifties which he gave to Mr Jerzy Morawicz, then in 1969 President of ZPS in London. Among these documents was the official letter, reply from General Douglas Mc Arthur to General Stanislaw Sosabowski, in which he thanks to General for the proposal of using former Polish paratroopers from 1 SBS in Korean conflict. As I know, these document should still be in a possesion of Morawicz family (as I heard last year from Mr Krzysztof Barbarski (Sikorski Institute), son of Jerzy Morawicz is now a "chief" of Klub Polski on Princess Gate? London.
    Best regards,
    Mateusz Mroz

Default Re: Early post-war period and N.S.Z.

Quote by Mateusz Mroz View Post
    Among these documents was the official letter, reply from General Douglas Mc Arthur to General Stanislaw Sosabowski, in which he thanks to General for the proposal of using former Polish paratroopers from 1 SBS in Korean conflict.
    Thank you Mateusz. This story gets more fascinating at every turn

Quote by Mateusz Mroz View Post
    As I know, these document should still be in a possesion of Morawicz family (as I heard last year from Mr Krzysztof Barbarski (Sikorski Institute), son of Jerzy Morawicz is now a "chief" of Klub Polski on Princess Gate? London.
    Best regards,
    Mateusz Mroz
    This is a great lead and I will follow it up at PISM as there may be even more documents about the proposal to be discovered
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.