Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fakes???

Article about: Hi Kuba, I'm in agreement with Andrzej, the London (presumably Spink made) type. Appears A-OK to me. I have enough of a glimpse of the ribbon to see that it is a modern replacement. Regards,

Default fakes???

hi everybody! i am glad to write to you again, well let me show you some pics of some pieces that are in a very low price in my country, the seller doesnt understand about medals and militaria, its just an antiques store, so i would like to have your opinion

fakes???

fakes???

fakes???

thanks for your attention, greetings from South america

Hello James,

Pictures of both sides of the items would be helpful. Nonetheless, I can offer that the Cross of Valour appears genuine. It is the most common wartime variant, the "24a" in the Krogulec reference. The 3DSK is likely good as the distinct oxidized finish looks correct. These are now being copied, but the factory applied oxidization is not well replicated. Picture of reverse required to confirm authenticity. Lastly, the Medal for War '39-'45 needs better pictures. These are also copied.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello James,

Pictures of both sides of the items would be helpful. Nonetheless, I can offer that the Cross of Valour appears genuine. It is the most common wartime variant, the "24a" in the Krogulec reference. The 3DSK is likely good as the distinct oxidized finish looks correct. These are now being copied, but the factory applied oxidization is not well replicated. Picture of reverse required to confirm authenticity. Lastly, the Medal for War '39-'45 needs better pictures. These are also copied.

Regards,
    Tony
    thanks for your answer, i had ask the seller to upload more pictures, i mean pictures from the backside of the medals. this is another picture of the pieces.

fakes???

Hi again James,

Thanks for the added pic. It doesn't help much at all, but if there's some provenance linking all of these items that would bode well. The 3DSK badge, "2nd Corps" eagle, and the Italy Star are logical companions.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi again James,

Thanks for the added pic. It doesn't help much at all, but if there's some provenance linking all of these items that would bode well. The 3DSK badge, "2nd Corps" eagle, and the Italy Star are logical companions.

Regards,
    Tony
    thanks buddy, but i think that the owner has recently sold them, just some minutes ago.

this one is still there in sale

fakes???

fakes???

fakes???

It appears to be a copy of the Swiss pattern. I'd suggest it might be a beat up and well worn original, but there is a troubling variation in the pommel end of the sword hilt. See the side by side comparison to a genuine example. The Swiss made medals are of a high quality with an almost frosted finish and in my opinion the best of the many variants. I have seen ones like the one you pictured before with the claim that they are "workshop made", which is a category often used to offer legitimacy to items. And there is always a possibility. Regardless, these are relatively common and inexpensive so if you are set on obtaining one just await a nice clean original complete with the suspension ring and issue ribbon.

fakes???

Regards,
    Tony

thanks buddy. regards

Default Medal Wojska

Hi Tony, I just got hold of this one and I am also unsure whether it's genuine. The seller sure claims so. I thought I better get a second opinion.

fakes???fakes???

Thanks,
    Kuba

Hello Kuba3DSK,

It looks fine to me a London made Medal Wojska with large suspension ring also some times found with a smaller suspension ring.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast