Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Family research

Article about: Hi Kaj, Thanks for your reply, you didnot disappoint me as I said the information apart from the 2nd Corps and 1SBS information, was gleaned from an internet search. To obtain the informatio

Default Re: Family research

Hi Kaj,

Thanks for your reply, you didnot disappoint me as I said the information apart from the 2nd Corps and 1SBS information, was gleaned from an internet search.

To obtain the information you desire your best avenue of research would be the Ministry of Defence (Polish) Records Section.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Dear Andrejku,

I think the fact that you obtained the information about his para badge from a book source very interesting. Is this book only mentioning his name, birth date and badge serial number? I'm also wondering if you perhaps know some other literature that may contain (new) information about Fialkowski.

Hi Kaj,

The Polish Parachute Brigade Badge information came from "Materialy Nr 9, History of the Polish Parachute Badge", published inSeptember 1993 by the Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum in London, compiled by Kpt. Jan J Lorys.

It only lists Badge Serial Number, Surname, Christian Name, Rank and Unit.

Unfortunately I do not know of any other publication that I could refer you to.

Thats all that I could find out about your Great Grand Father.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

You've helped me alot Andrzejku. I will keep you (and other members ofcourse) updated when I've receive new information from the MOD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2