Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

French Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / Eagle

Article about: Bought this helmet recently in a internet auction. French adiran helmet, manufacturer JAPY, with Polish insignia mounted. It looks pretty ok for me. Can anyone identify the insignia? It is d

?

Default French Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / Eagle

Bought this helmet recently in a internet auction. French adiran helmet, manufacturer JAPY, with Polish insignia mounted. It looks pretty ok for me. Can anyone identify the insignia? It is different from helmet emblems i have seen before. I can read the name Janson inside the helmet. That sounds more german then polish?
    French Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / EagleFrench Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / EagleFrench Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / Eagle

Default Re: French Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / Eagle

Look this one :

The low part is missing.

hello,

Janson is a typical french name.

Some photo of the "brave polish", the polish soldier was always a brave in the WW2.

French Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / EagleFrench Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / EagleFrench Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / EagleFrench Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / EagleFrench Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / EagleFrench Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / Eagle
    French Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / Eagle

how is the back of the insignia.

for me it's seem to be a good wartime insigna. Perhpas one with the unity part boroken after changing of division

DSP = 2ème Division de Chasseurs à Pieds (2 DSP) - 2 Dywizja Strzelcow Pieszych

Quote by Boudionovka View Post
    . . . DSP = 2ème Division de Chasseurs à Pieds (2 DSP) - 2 Dywizja Strzelcow Pieszych
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Adrian helmet with Polsih Insignia / Eagle  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    looks like it was a DSP insignia once where the lower part went missing once. many soldiers of the 2nd DSP escaped into switzerland in 1940. the helmet was bought in switzerland.