Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help identitfying uniform badges

Article about: Hello Noob here, first post so be gentle. Can anyone help to id the three badges on the arms, not very good quality pic and the scan was a high resolution drum scan. The pic is of my father

Default Help identitfying uniform badges

Hello

Noob here, first post so be gentle.

Can anyone help to id the three badges on the arms, not very good quality pic and the scan was a high resolution drum scan. The pic is of my father (right) and two of his brothers in Polish uniform.

There's a long story, but the short of it is I don't know the year and could have been taken in Scotland (repatriation, naturalisation) after the war. I've only just noticed they all have different insignia/badges plus the cord around my fathers shoulder.

Any ideas?

Stefan

Help identitfying uniform badges
    Last edited by stefanr; 06-06-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Default Re: Help identitfying uniform badges

Hi Stefan,

The photograph from Left to Right, your Uncle was a St Strz (Lance Corporal) 1st Grenadier Division, middle Uncle was a Military Policeman of the 5KDP (5th Kresowa Infantry Division), whilst your Father served with the Polish 1st Corps. Perhaps Tony or one of the other members can provide you with more information, if you could provide me with your Uncles surname I can have a look through the 5KDP list.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi Again Stefan,

Sorry missed that your father was also a St Strz (Lance Corporal).

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi Again Stefan,

Sorry missed that your father was also a St Strz (Lance Corporal).

Best wishes

Andrzejku
    Blimey, amazing what you can learn and quickly as well.
    L-R Alfons, Edmund & Albin Rulewski
    That should turn up a few things.

My cousin Jan Rulewski won in the Polish Senate election in Bydgoszcz in 2007.

Cheers Andre

Oh and another picture, which is from Kirkcaldy, Scotland, repatriated (army/uniform wise) Poles. My father, front centre.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identitfying uniform badges  
    Last edited by stefanr; 06-06-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Great photos Stefan..... Do you have family military docs aswell?

No, unfortunately all my mother/we have is his naturalisation (demob) papers and birth certificate.

I little bit more though, All three at 21 were called up, Uncle Alfons was sent to the Russian front and was eventually wounded in the back of the knee, Uncle Eddie, the Italian and was at Monte Cassino and my Father, the French front, Cassel, Saint-Malo and ended up in Cherbourg. Will dig a bit more when I see my mother next.

My mother remembers Eddie as an policeman (MP) after he was repatriated to the polish army.
    Last edited by stefanr; 06-06-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Its always great to collect as much info and pics/docs/militaria as can so that is secured for history..... Great stuff for younger generations of family to look at what ancestors have done for Poland, Polishness and the Polish People

Hi Stefan,

Was your Uncle Edmund married to Iris May Thomas, if so send me a private email

Andrzejku

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi Stefan,

Was your Uncle Edmund married to Iris May Thomas, if so send me a private email

Andrzejku
    Yes, in answer to the Q and have done.

Hi - new to all this but researching my father in law - born Germany, grew up in Poland, forced/expelled with Poles to Stalag XXA, released, into German army, or a forced labourer, then a displaced person, migrated to Australia. I have photo of him in uniform (?polish buttons) and I don't know what the cap and breast badges are. I have other documents which may be of interest to the forum. Regards, David WillsonHelp identitfying uniform badges
    Last edited by davidwillson; 11-25-2014 at 10:59 AM. Reason: add photo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast