Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Information about uncle

Article about: search any information about my uncle Edward Szczotka 07.07.1926 years

Hello,

Where I can still find more information about my uncle in England? Maybe someone has an address to the archive to the institution, which deals with the Polish Armed Forces in the West.

Hello Oberschlesien45,

The Polish 2nd Corps whilst serving in Italy from 1943 was under the overall command of the British 8th Army and it is the British Ministry of Defence that you need to apply to. They charge £30.00p for the search and you will need to provide photocopies of the relevant documents has required on their online page.

Be sure to ask for all copies of the records they hold Polish and English otherwise you will just receive a 1 or 2 page summary of service listing Name date of birth, Parents Names etc.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...ervice-records

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Andrzej

Where do I send the completed form? To which account should send the money? To which the following address should send the form?

APC Polish Enquiries
    Building 28 B, RAF Northolt, West End Road
    Ruislip, Middlesex HA4 6NG
    England - Anglia

Margaret Goddard or Barbara Kroll
    APC Polish Enquiries
    Building 60
    RAF Northolt,
    West End Road
    Ruislip,
    Middlesex HA4 6NG

Which of the following forms must be completed?

Application part 1 form:

General enquirer's form (v6) (PDF, 44.7KB, 2 pages) or
    General enquirer's form (v6) (MS Word Document, 135KB)

Application part 2 forms:

Royal Navy/Royal Marines part 2 (PDF, 19.6KB, 1 page) or
    Royal Navy/Royal Marines part 2 (MS Word Document, 50.5KB)

British Army part 2 (PDF, 19.5KB, 1 page) or
    British Army part 2 (MS Word Document, 43KB)

Royal Air Force part 2 (PDF, 19.2KB, 1 page) or
    Royal Air Force part 2 (MS Word Document, 47.5KB)

Best wishes

Robert

Hello Robert.

Many thanks for your post, well your Uncle did not serve with the Royal Navy or Royal Marines or the RAF so you can discount these , I have looked at the General enquirers form that does not give a return address. But the Army part 2 does give an address in Glasgow, no doubt they will forward it on to the Polish Records Section.

Payment is made by Cheque the details for this are on the forms.

I have never had to do this, so I am unable to help you further, hopefully one of the other Forum Members will be able to answer your questions.

Best wishes

Andrzej

TMZ
    ?

Hi Robert, I did this a couple of years ago.

Send the completed forms to:
    APC Disclosures (Polish)
    RAF Northolt
    West End Road
    Ruislip
    Middlesex
    HA4 6NG

Fill in Part 1 - either in pdf or Word and Part 2 for British Army (again either pdf or Word)

I had to pay £30 for the service. Payment can be made by cheque, Postal Order or International Money Order. It should be made payable to: “Ministry of Defence – Accounting Officer”.

You can make contact by email or phone initially (you may want to check the current fee):

nor-polishdiscoffice@mod.uk 020 8833 8603 but I found it difficult to get them on the phone.

You will also need to send documents to show your link as a relative to the person you are enquiring about. If you are not sure what they need then email and ask.

Hello friends

I received a reply to find out anything I need to provide a number of documents confirming the identity of the ancestors of his wife's uncle, etc. There is no chance. I have weak contacts with them. Unfortunately, the truth will always remain in England.

best wishes

Robert
    Last edited by Oberschlesien45; 02-02-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Hello friends

Thank you, Mr. Andrzej indicative at least I know where he fought ancestor.

So therefore possibly 5KDP or 2nd Armoured Brigade, or if the photograph is post 1945 then either 5KDP, 2nd Armoured Division or 14th Armoured Brigade.....

I do not have the relevant documents act of death, the permission of his wife, photocopying her evidence osobsitego. In Germany there were no such problems damage.

best wishes

Robert

TMZ
    ?

Quote by Oberschlesien45 View Post
    Hello friends

I received a reply to find out anything I need to provide a number of documents confirming the identity of the ancestors of his wife's uncle, etc. There is no chance. I have weak contacts with them. Unfortunately, the truth will always remain in England.

best wishes

Robert
    Yes, it will be difficult when asking for details for anyone other than a parent.

I had to send:
    - my father's death certificate
    - my mother's death certificate (to show that I could no longer get her permission for details)
    - my full (not short) birth certificate (which shows my father's name)

I can see plenty of circumstances where these documents are difficult, or even impossible to obtain, unfortunately. I don't know how much leeway the department have to get around this but I suspect the rules they have to follow do not allow very much. For me luckily it was not difficult and I wanted those certificates in any case.

Hello TMZ

Unfortunately, my aunt, my uncle's wife Mary is 88 years old, and her daughter is 60 years old hardly anything of them get at this age. After the death of possibly the two people do not have what to look for in England. It remains to internet or a book, maybe there is a list of soldiers 5 KDP or 2 Armoured Brigade Division 14 th Armoured Infantry Brigade, maybe he was in a different formation do not know and will never know. I do not have the required documents ... I live in Poland, wrote to the daughter of his uncle but poorly I see it. It remains to internet, forum, books. My uncle was born in Poland in Upper Silesia, the town 07/07/1926 Górki Wielkie died in England in Leek probably 23.12.2000 year. He had one daughter, Teresa. Maybe it's on the internet a list of soldiers .... just where to look I do not know, uncle chose England, so everything is there in the archives.

best wishes

Robert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2