Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Karol Michulka or MICHUŁKA Polish Cavalry Officer captured by the Germans

Article about: Hello I'm trying to find some information on a Polish Cavalry officer born 1905 in Chlopy Rudi near Komarno. He was called Karol Michulka or MICHUŁKA. It is believed that he was capture

Default Karol Michulka or MICHUŁKA Polish Cavalry Officer captured by the Germans

Hello

I'm trying to find some information on a Polish Cavalry officer born 1905 in Chlopy Rudi near Komarno.

He was called Karol Michulka or MICHUŁKA. It is believed that he was captured by the Germans but nothing else is known. Where can I find out more information?

Many thanks

James

Hi James,
    I've looked through the 1932 and 1939 Officers' Rolls and the 1934 Reserve Officers' Roll but only officers named Michułka were senior chaplain Jan Michułka (b. 31 May 1892) of the Włodzimierz Wołyński parish and Capt. Stanisław Michułka (b. 5 January 1902) serving with the "Wołożyn" KOP Bn. The only person named Karol Michułka I've managed to find is the one on the WW2 Polish Victims under German occupation roll, a Pvt. captured by the Germans near Kałuszyn on 11 September 1939 and sent to the Stalag I A. Only details are that as a civilian he worked as a "L-arbeiter" (some sort of a worker) and in the Army he served with a "Fahr. Koll" unit. Perhaps this might be a misspelled abbreviation for the Motorized Column. Native German-speaking members are welcome to explain the language snag.

Regards,
    Tom

Hi Tom

Many many thanks for this information.

Regards

James

Hi Tom

The nephew of the soldier I asked you about has said " I am almost sure that the Latter Karol Michulka (WW2 Polish Victims under German occupation roll) who was born May the 2nd 1905 in Chlopy/Rudki district is my uncle Karol, although the others might have some family connection,. I have only had little bits and pieces of conflicting information from different family members over the years and it all gets misinterpreted over time .My father used to speak of his brother Karol being in the Cavalry and of how smart he looked in his uniform with his long leather riding boots and that he had signed up for life to the army before the war. My father would only be around 15/17 at this time, born later 1920. It is entirely possible that he was (not) an officer and merely a private. I had learned recentely that Karol had been captured by the Germans during the war and sent to a German Prison/Labour camp where i think he may have spent the rest of the war years but nothing more.

My father Kazimierz was deported to a labour camp called Mizgranka between Tomsk and Novosibirsk Siberia February 1940 along with his brother Stanislaw and his family, his mother managing to slip away from the train station before being loaded onto cattle wagons for Siberia and never saw his brother Karol or Mother again. My father escaped Siberia and travelled south to where General Anders was setting up Polish army in Uzbekistan and enlisted, crossing the Caspian sea and went on to Persia Iran Palestine Iraq Egypt and then over to Italy under the command of General Anders Polish 2nd Corps 11Pulk heavy Artillary and fought at battle of Monti Cassino, overall command of British 8th Army . Karol died in Szczecin 14/11/1962 I have a picture of his gravestone. I have attached a picture of my uncle Karol which only shows head and shoulders but it looks like he has army coat on I think, also one of my father in uniform I am most humbled by your and your friends efforts to help me in my quest and ask you to please also thank your Friend for his invaluable help in finding information about my Uncle Karol."

In the picture of Kazimierz he appears to be wearing a Monte Cassino Cross. What was the Jerusalem medal awarded for?
    Attached Images Attached Images Karol Michulka or MICHUŁKA Polish Cavalry Officer captured by the Germans  Karol Michulka or MICHUŁKA Polish Cavalry Officer captured by the Germans 

Hi Thomas, I am the Nephew of Karol Michulka , who James Thomson was so kind to make enquiries for, about my Uncle Karol Michulka. he referred me to you and this site. I was so encouraged by your effeorts on my behalf and would like to ask you if it is possible to find out anything more about my Uncle Karol Michulka such as where born and and age and date of birth when he enlisted ,who he served with or anything else from your sources so that I may confirm with more certainty although I am pretty sure that the information you have already supplied (Below) is indeed him . Anything you can find out no matter how small would be so helpfull. I would also like to ask you where and if it is Possible to aquire a copy of a Birth certificate of my Father Kazimierz Michułka who was born in Chlopy near Komarno 17-04-1920 and was deported to Siberia and this kind of paperwork was lost during the deportation years as I am trying to aquire his Mod records here in Uk and I would need a birh certificate. I should also like to bring your attention to the way my father spelled his name here in Scotland (Mihulka) although all family in Poland spelled it (Michułka) incase this should be helpfull. I thank you in advance for any information you can find Wladyslaw Mihulka
    The only person named Karol Michułka I've managed to find is the one on the WW2 Polish Victims under German occupation roll, a Pvt. captured by the Germans near Kałuszyn on 11 September 1939 and sent to the Stalag I A. Only details are that as a civilian he worked as a "L-arbeiter" (some sort of a worker) and in the Army he served with a "Fahr. Koll" unit

Hello,
    If your Uncle served with the pre-war Polish Army you may ask the Polish Central Military Archives for possible details: ..:: Centralne Archiwum Wojskowe :: Strona g
    Presented information from the roll about Karol Michułka was provided by the Polish Red Cross (Polski Czerwony Krzyż). I guess that's all in the Red Cross archives otherwise the dob or other details would have been mentioned, however you're always free to ask about the particular POW: POLSKI CZERWONY KRZY
    On the similar roll of the Polish victims under the Soviet occupation there are four men named Michułka, but neither of them is Kazimierz (Józef b. 1880, Stanisław b. 1902, Stanisław b. 1917, Władysław b. 1920).
    Considering the birth (and baptism) certificate I suggest you asking the genealogical community interested in your Dad's neighbourhood as they mention on their forum about surviving Roman Catholic and Greek Catholic parish records from Chłopy and Komarno: Komarno i okolice :: Ksi
    If your family is Roman Catholic perhaps there might be even a chance of getting the official copy from the appropriate church archive.
    Good luck with your research and regards,
    Tom

Thank you Tom so much for your help with all the details you have provided to date .It always seems more difficult for me to search records with not speaking Polish and spelling of words ,one of my many regrets and a I suppose it is to late for me now. But I will Keep on looking as My fathers family and there History are so very important to me . I feel that I owe them this much for the freedom we enjoy now. If you do ever find anything more I would be greatfull. Many thanks for now and I wish you much health and happiness in the future. Wladyslaw Mihulka.

Quote by ivadmih View Post
    Thank you Tom so much for your help
    You're very welcome. If I find anything new on your relatives, I'll let you know, Władysław.

Regards,
    Tom

Quote by ivadmih View Post
    I am trying to aquire his Mod records here in Uk and I would need a birh certificate.
    Just so your aware, regarding MOD Northholt there is a 25 year moratorium on those records ie: If he passed away before 1991 you don't need his Death Certificate. If you have a newspaper clipping announcing the death or some other form of civic documentation other than a Death Certificate then that’s all you need. Provide any of those and a formal letter and they will send you his records, that's how I obtained my uncle's records. Contact Barbara Kroll or Margaret Goddard at APC Polish Historical Disclosures <polishasstdisoff@northolt.raf.mod.uk> and ask for clarification of those requirements.

Hope this helps
    Chris......

Thank you so much for your information. My mother is still living and so I would need to apply through her. I have seen where they ask for birth certificate somewhere but my father did not have one. Lost during deportation Thank you for your info may be I could phone first and ask what is needed. Best regards for now. Wlad

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast