Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Krzyż Virtuti Militari Reising- Reising real? possible year

Article about: Morning, Im interested in buying this cross but would like to know if its original and what year it was made in? i take it the 30's?

Default Krzyż Virtuti Militari Reising- Reising real? possible year

Morning,

Im interested in buying this cross but would like to know if its original and what year it was made in? i take it the 30's?

Krzyż Virtuti Militari  Reising- Reising real? possible yearKrzyż Virtuti Militari  Reising- Reising real? possible year
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krzyż Virtuti Militari  Reising- Reising real? possible year  

Anginę have any info on this?

Hello, these photos are too weak to provide an identification of maker. However, even with ideal photographs it is not always possible to identify the maker of pre-war jeweler made replacement crosses that do not have maker hallmarks. What I can offer is that both the ribbon and intermediate rings are not original to the cross.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

For sure I can't see maker marks, only that is make my riesing the seller claim s

This does not look like a maker marked VM. Typically the crosses carrying hallmarks were made in silver, with one of the marks bearing the initials identifying the maker. From the photos this cross looks like a plated brass alloy, which would have been an ‘economy grade’ replacement cross and thus not marked.

If you can post better close up pictures we can put up against a Reising cross to see how it compares.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne