Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami

Article about: Cross 2nd class early Spink production to russian french ?

Default Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami

Cross 2nd class early Spink production to russian french ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami   Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami  

Hi Igor,

Interesting cross – and inscription. It appears to have been converted for brooch mounting that may have been for a female recipient. I’ve seen such mounting conversions before which have been identified as being for the fairer gender.

I can’t quite make sense of the text other than the date and place name. April 21, 1945 marks the liberation of the Italian city of Bologna after almost two weeks of fighting. Early on that day troops of the Polish 2nd Corps had battled their way into the city center to mop up the last remaining German resistance and were greeted by the Italians as their liberators.

Thanks for posting this cross.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony ,
    I think it was "neck order"

Hi Igor,

I don’t think so. The Polish Cross of Merit is not a decoration worn on a cravat, in the manner of say the Polonia Restituta or Virtuti Militari orders. The trimming of the ribbon and the way it has been fastened to the ribbon ring is definitely brooch mount style. Do you have a picture of the reverse of the ribbon? I would not be surprised to find a safety pin there.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony,
    I know about worning of Cross .
    May be recipient not know

reverce without safety pin , only loop
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krzyż Zasługi z mieczami