Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Hello! Can you show more details of armour badges? Regards

Some photos from my father's 'Skorpion' album:

1) Ruins of the Monte Cassino Abbey after the battle. 1945
    2) Parade of 4th Skorpions at Potenza Picena HQ, Italy 1946
    3) My father is top row 5 from left with darker overalls.
    4) My father is second from from left, first in line pale overalls.

Sorry about the intrusive © but I see others have done the same so have followed suit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Medal for the defence of Warsaw 1939 and the Warsaw Uprising 1944 cross
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

3mk
    ?

Do you make these displays yourself??They look great!When I try making my own displays as easy as it sounds I fail miserably

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Do you make these displays yourself??They look great!When I try making my own displays as easy as it sounds I fail miserably
    Thanks 3MK I do make my own displays and backgrounds.

I am sure you don't fail miserably with your own displays? What areas do you think could be improved in your own display making?

My biggest bugbear was in getting clean cuts in the mounting board. Then I discovered it was much easier to run two or three light cuts down the length of the board edges rather than trying to make each edge trim in one run. This meant less pressure needed to hold the steel rule down on the mount whilst running the scalpel (I use a surgeon's scalpel handel with10A blades) along the rule so less chance of the rule moving half way through and the cut going off. This simple 'eureka' moment improved my mounting boards 100%.

DaveC
    ?

These are absolutely fantastic displays. Thank you for sharing them!

A few 4th 'Skorpion' beret badges and one from 5th 'Skorpion' regiment

I haven't figured out a good way to mount/frame these yet so they are just loose with the rest of my Skorpion insignia/documents ... jobs to be done one day pile.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

?

Mr 4th Skorpion

I see a very nice collection, but I am not sure they are all from
    WW2. The plastic one for example might be a copy. There are such as these being made in Poland and are offered every now and then on Allegro, but for some reason they didnt put in the holes in each corner as they should have to sew on to the beret. Otherwise hard to tell from the original. The others are
    very interesting and I have not seen before. Right hand one first row seems the one closest to the more typical one. The little one is maybe a warsztatowe one?
    Maybe others have examples of these beret badges to see ?Additional pictures would be very interesting to compare to.

?

and I forgot to add the one on the right second down is a very nice one as well, in excellent condition!! Very rare one

While on the topic of scorpions . . . currently up for auction, this nice 4th Armoured Regiment veteran’s item claimed to be crafted from spent tank shell casings fired during the battle of Tobruk. Seller’s description:

. . . oznaczenie wykonane z łuski naboju czołgowego wystrzelonego w czasie walk pod Tobrukiem. Jest to trójwymiarowy skorpion umieszczony na czarnej, polerowanej podstawie, wymiary 70 cm x 30 cm w kolorze mosiądzu, na grzbiecie skorpiona jest małe oznaczenie taktyczne Szkoły Junaków i Szkoły Ochotniczek Młodszych. Autorem metaloplastyki był ówczesny szef sztabu, mjr. Władysław Boratyn. Zaznaczam, że nie jest to żadna kopia, ta metaloplastyka jest pamiątką rodzinną mojego ojca i sprzedaje ją na jego prośbę, z posiadanej wiedzy wynika, że jest to jeden jedyny egzemplarz.

Cool piece, but opening price with a reserve is rather steep. But to someone out there it may be that ‘must have’ item.

oznaczenie Pu?ku 4 pancernego Skorpion 2 Brygady (867008901) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast