MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

FAB
    ?

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi again Rick,

Thank you for the additional information and pictures. You are fortunate to have a detailed account of this woman's activities in the resistance. Do you know what happened to her after the war? Again, a very wonderful and historically significant grouping - and thank you again for sharing it with us.

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony,
    Ms. Lewulis remained in France after the war as Her injuries from her torture were being treated by the french Govt. She never fully recovered and was issued a disability pension by the French. She then moved to Isreal for a short time while she waited approval to move to Austraila. She was denied twice before the British and French Govts appealled on her behalf to the Austrailian immigration board. She was then approved and became Austrailian Citizen and a High School Teacher. She continued teaching until retirement and Her death in the late 1980s. Have most all medical records, x-rays from the French Govt. and all certificates relating to Her immigration and work in Austrailia. Thanks for the interest in Ms. Lewulis. I was glad to save this grouping before it was totally broken apart. As already mentioned, the Brit. Air Marshall letter was taken by a collector, the real hand signed letter by Eisenhower was also taken by another collector ( who at least left the framed facimile), a mini Merit Cross 2nd class was removed, along with one of the French Crosses of Honor. I do not know if the POWN cross was present in the Grouping, I have found no reference to it while tracking the group down. I am very happy to have the Group just the way it is.
    Rick

Rick

Hi Rick,

Many thanks for your reply, its your very lucky day 12 unknown Monte Cassino Cross recipients have now become 12 identified recipients:

Information is as follows:

MCC rev Nr: 2964 awarded to: Sierz. JAN BONIECKI, Date of Birth: 1906, Army Nr: 161/III, Unit: 3Bn.S.K. ( I also managed to glean the following information: Finished as a St.Sierz., awarded the Cross of Valour 1939-1945, also listed in the Carpathian Brigade Book as participating in the defence of Tobruk.

MCC rev Nr:8734 awarded to: Plut. EDWARD MAKSAM, Date of Birth: 1909, Army Nr: 4/III, Unit: 3K.Bn.L.

MCC rev Nr:10980 awarded to: Sierz WACLAW RACZKOWSKI, Date of Birth: 1899, Army Nr: 78/III, Unit: 2 Kompanii Zaopatrywania.

MCC rev Nr: 22668 awarded to: Porucznik Zbigniew Janowski, Date of Birth: 1913, Army Nr: 131/III, Unit: z 5 Pulku-Art.-P.-Lotn.

MCC rev Nr: 27950 awarded to: Sierz JAN ZIEBA, Date of Birth: 1912, Army Nr:108/III, Unit: 15 Kompanii Zaopatrywania.

MCC rev Nr:28896 awarded to St.Sierz.Pch. ZYGMUNT PAWLUC, Date of Birth: 1902, Army Nr: 52/III, Unit: Kwawery Glowaej - 2 Brygada Pancerna.

MCC rev Nr:30770 awarded to Kapral FRANCISZEK PRZYBYLO, Date of Birth: 1914, Army Nr:150/III, Unit: z Pulku 6 Pancernego "Dz.Lw".

MCC rev Nr:31903 awarded to Plut. WLADYSLAW ZYLA, Date of Birth: 1903, Army Nr: 41/III, Unit: z 9 Kompanii Zaopatrywania- 2 Brygada Pancerna.

MCC rev Nr: 33250 awarded to: Bomb. ALEKSANDER GRYCZYNIEC, Date of Birth: 1908, Army Nr: 108/III, Unit: z 9 Pulku Artylerii Ciezkiej.

MCC rev Nr: 36251 awarded to: Kanonier ZYGMUNT PALINSKI, Date of Birth: 1919, Army Nr: 240/III, Unit: 7 Pulk Artylerii Plot. Lekkiej.

MCC rev Nr: 41528 awarded to: St.Szer. JAKUB KARPOWICZ, Date of Birth: 1902, Army Nr: 66/III, Unit: Sanitarny Osrodek Ewakuacyjny Nr: 3.

MCC rev Nr: 45784 awarded to: St.Szer. LEONARD BORKOWSKI, Date of Birth:1910, Army Nr:202/III, Unit: 332 Ruch.Piek.Pol.

Well I hope that the above information is of some use and help Rick.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

FAB
    ?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi Rick,

Many thanks for your reply, its your very lucky day 12 unknown Monte Cassino Cross recipients have now become 12 identified recipients:

Information is as follows:

MCC rev Nr: 2964 awarded to: Sierz. JAN BONIECKI, Date of Birth: 1906, Army Nr: 161/III, Unit: 3Bn.S.K. ( I also managed to glean the following information: Finished as a St.Sierz., awarded the Cross of Valour 1939-1945, also listed in the Carpathian Brigade Book as participating in the defence of Tobruk.

MCC rev Nr:8734 awarded to: Plut. EDWARD MAKSAM, Date of Birth: 1909, Army Nr: 4/III, Unit: 3K.Bn.L.

MCC rev Nr:10980 awarded to: Sierz WACLAW RACZKOWSKI, Date of Birth: 1899, Army Nr: 78/III, Unit: 2 Kompanii Zaopatrywania.

MCC rev Nr: 22668 awarded to: Porucznik Zbigniew Janowski, Date of Birth: 1913, Army Nr: 131/III, Unit: z 5 Pulku-Art.-P.-Lotn.

MCC rev Nr: 27950 awarded to: Sierz JAN ZIEBA, Date of Birth: 1912, Army Nr:108/III, Unit: 15 Kompanii Zaopatrywania.

MCC rev Nr:28896 awarded to St.Sierz.Pch. ZYGMUNT PAWLUC, Date of Birth: 1902, Army Nr: 52/III, Unit: Kwawery Glowaej - 2 Brygada Pancerna.

MCC rev Nr:30770 awarded to Kapral FRANCISZEK PRZYBYLO, Date of Birth: 1914, Army Nr:150/III, Unit: z Pulku 6 Pancernego "Dz.Luftwaffe".

MCC rev Nr:31903 awarded to Plut. WLADYSLAW ZYLA, Date of Birth: 1903, Army Nr: 41/III, Unit: z 9 Kompanii Zaopatrywania- 2 Brygada Pancerna.

MCC rev Nr: 33250 awarded to: Bomb. ALEKSANDER GRYCZYNIEC, Date of Birth: 1908, Army Nr: 108/III, Unit: z 9 Pulku Artylerii Ciezkiej.

MCC rev Nr: 36251 awarded to: Kanonier ZYGMUNT PALINSKI, Date of Birth: 1919, Army Nr: 240/III, Unit: 7 Pulk Artylerii Plot. Lekkiej.

MCC rev Nr: 41528 awarded to: St.Szer. JAKUB KARPOWICZ, Date of Birth: 1902, Army Nr: 66/III, Unit: Sanitarny Osrodek Ewakuacyjny Nr: 3.

MCC rev Nr: 45784 awarded to: St.Szer. LEONARD BORKOWSKI, Date of Birth:1910, Army Nr:202/III, Unit: 332 Ruch.Piek.Pol.

Well I hope that the above information is of some use and help Rick.

Best wishes

Andrzejku
    Hello Andrzejku,
    Thank You My Friend, the info is more than I could Hope for!
    Best Wishes to You!
    Rick

Hi Rick,

Well, have you come to the right place or what?! Andrzejku is our resident archivist and does a great job.

Thanks for the additional info on Ms. Lewulis. Do you know if she recorded her wartime memoirs? It would be a remarkable read I’m sure.

It's a shame those documents were cherry picked from the grouping. But you are to be commended for keeping what you could together. If you know the identity of the owners of the missing items maybe you can eventually reunite them. A worthy pursuit, and best wishes in this regard !

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

ccj
    ?

Here's my modest collection of Polish medals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Hi Rick,
    Thank you for posting your collection for us to see, it is beautiful. If you have more please post more pictures. Or just close ups of the badges and Legitymacje. Thanks again.
    Mariusz

Quote by ccj View Post
    Here's my modest collection of Polish medals.
    Thank you for pictures of your “modest collection of Polish medals” makes me think that im fortunate to be on that forum, and I can see your collections. I hope that with time my collection will grow, and I will be able to contribute more.
    Mariusz

Hello!

I don't remember if i have shown one of my overseas cap. If yes, please tell i will show another one

Best Regards
    Michal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

?

i will say yes
    just so you show another one!

Hello!

Here is polish style overseas cap sew in Bliski Wschod:

I think this one i had not shown, i don't have so much time for taking photos

Best Regards
    Michal

Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast