Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Hi Rob,

Yes your guess was right, MCC Nr:38437 was awarded to Kapral Kazimierz Kuzdub, Date of Birth 1915, Army Nr: 22/III, Unit:Carpathian Lancers, l have looked in the Regimental list and he is listed as a Plutowny with the KW and Ranny wounded once. Iam afraid that I couldnot find anything else out about him from either the London Gazette or Find my past.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Thanks Andrzejku,

Attached is a photo of the gentleman who owned the MC crosses. The items in the case all belonged to him. Interestingly the picture in the middle is of him receiving his KW. An unfinished project.

Rob

Another display of mine for a holder of the VM won during the polish Soviet conflict. Adam Stawski a sergeant in the 49th Huculski also was wounded in action. Attached is his original pension notification. Prior to the war he was a tailor.

I feel so lucky that I can see your collections, displays, it is so wonderful that there are people that keep alive stories of bereave Polish solders. Thank you for posting, and I can not wait what I will see next.
    Mariusz

Dear Mariusz, thank you very much for your very kind comments i really appreciate them.

Robert

Hi Rob,

The MCC Nr 24403 was awarded to : Rank: St.Ulan. Surname: ZIELINSKI, Christian Name: Kazimierz, Date of Birth: 1st January 1915, Army Nr:62/III, Unit:15 Pulku Ulanow Poznanskich.

I have also managed to find from the Find my past web site the following information Kazimierz died 1998, in Ealing , London, his death being reported in March, Register Nr:B37D, Entry Nr: 283 District Nr:2261B.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi Andrzejku,

Thank you again for your efforts. I am sure my hunch was right that Pan Marszalek kept the crosses of his friends once they died. He also lived in London just a throw from Ealing which as you know has a huge Polish population. I feel honoured to have these items in my possession. i knew Pan Kazimierz very well he never spoke of the war. He was a profesional chauffer to the stars and there are many pictures of him with celebrities including one with Jane fonda. He died a batchelor but a loving family around him. I cant imagine what it must have been like to go up Cassino in a tank, wow.

DaBear
    ?

Just to show I am not a totally wienie in collecting, this is the PAF portion of my collection. There is one I am suspicious of, but the rest are pretty good. I post this to counter my many contributions to "real or fake".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Thanks for the post DaBear. Any chance at some close up pictures?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

DaBear
    ?

Absolutely. Any in particular?

Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast