Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Another one, a nice original grouping to a soldier serving in the East. These have been documented elsewhere on the site.

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

CQE
    ?

Unissued Badges - Re: post #657

Tomasz and Tony, I'm in process of sorting my old collection (including repros, replicas and souvenirs) and I appreciate your responses.

With the wings #441 I also acquired unissued (probably) combat wreath, # 1708 pictured below.
    Rafal once wrote:
    it's unissued badge from 330-500 serial numbers range.The badges from 0001 to 0500 were given for "Silent and Unseen" ("Polish SOE" jumpers).
    Last portion of the badges with numbers below 500 were made during the same time like wings for 1st Para Brigade with numbers over 4700.

In Materialy, Zeszyt 9, IX-1993, p. LII, Jan Lorys stated: wreaths 1651 - 1950 retained as a reserve (IPMS)
    There are also Deficiencies in the records.
    Maybe we don't know everything yet..

Tony previously wisely summarized:
    Being unissued doesn't really make it any less collectible. You could argue that there were far less unissued badges than issued ones!
    The fact that it's a scarce genuine Kirkwood wins the day.

Regards, Jurek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Jurek,
    What response do you expect regarding para badge and wreath?
    Cheers
    Rafal

?

hello everyone, bought this on recently, arnhem escapers numbered tie pin ,any information gratefully received,Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Jurek, Nice job with the Rozanski display

Cheers, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

CQE
    ?

Rafal,
    Since "There are also Deficiencies in the records" I would expect some experts (like yourself) might have some additional results
    and knowledge about unissued para badges and wreaths.
    Here are a few of us who are eager to know more.

Regards,
    Jurek

CQE
    ?

Default The Battle of Monte Cassino

The Battle of Monte Cassino was carried out in four stages by a vast number of regiments and divisions under the banner of many nations, foremost Poland. The losses to men and material were staggering.
    It turned out to be a "see-saw" battle, where Allies, having captured key German strongholds, lost it shortly thereafter to the enemy, and then succeeded in recapturing it. It was not until the last phase of the Battle, when all other Allied efforts had failed so dismally, that the II Polish Corps, under the command of Lt. General Wladyslaw Anders was finally called into action. Their mission was to capture Monte Cassino and Piedimonte, which up until then could not be achieved by any other military units. Now everything depended on the Poles.

The Polish soldiers numbering 51,000 strong fought with the assurance that their steely courage would pave the way to victory. Over 4,100 men of the II Polish Corps lost their lives on Monte Cassino.

A Polish bugler plays the Hejnał Mariacki, announcing the victory, May 18, 1944 (see photo)
    Czerwone Maki:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwnbD5KY33o
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Last edited by CQE; 05-19-2016 at 05:30 PM.

Quote by stefanr View Post
    Another one, a nice original grouping to a soldier serving in the East. These have been documented elsewhere on the site.

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!
    Hi,
    Eagle metal badges come from 70-ties.
    One is Air Force, second Army.

Quote by CQE View Post
    Rafal,
    Since "There are also Deficiencies in the records" I would expect some experts (like yourself) might have some additional results
    and knowledge about unissued para badges and wreaths.
    Here are a few of us who are eager to know more.

Regards,
    Jurek
    Jurek,
    There are single one but not related to this group of unissued badges.

I have a copy of genuin document sent from Section VI (Special Section) to 1st Para Brigade. With this letter all unissued badges 330-500 were send back to the Brigade.
    It was dated 1946 or 47.

Rafal

CQE
    ?

Thank you Rafal for your reply,
    Jurek

Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast