Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi Robert,

Ulan Wincenty Karasinski, Carpathian Lancers Regiment, Born in 1903, Army Number: 49/III, awarded the Krzyz Walecznych, Killed in Action on 21st July 1944 and buried in the Polish War Cemetery in Loreto.

That's all that I have been able to find out about him.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzejku
    Andrejku,
    Thank you very much for the information, its really kind of you to take the time to carry out the research. i wonder how he died. Another KW recipient unfortunately this one died in action, serving his country. Im really proud to own the piece. Robert

Hi again Robert,

I have also found the following information which you might find useful,

Wincenty Karasinski was born on the 22nd January 1903, he was born in Blezanow (Kalisz).

His grave Number in the Loreto War Cemetery is XIV-F5.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Here is one of the medals in my collection. This is a Sterling Jerusalem Cross (officer version), which was awarded to soldiers who fought in the middle east. I also have the box that it came in. There appears to be a stamp in the shape of an crowned eagle, although this may be a freakishly shaped stain, what do you think?

Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Hello awmartin,

Nice silver Jerusalem Pilgrim Cross with original case. These are not actually Polish decorations, and neither are they a combat award. As the name hints, these were for Roman Catholics who made a pilgrimage to the Holy Land, and were freely available to anyone of Roman Catholic faith.

I am unclear about the award component as my understanding is that one needed to purchase this cross. The grade of the award had something to do with the amount of pilgrimages made, although some say there was a military rank correlation – lower grade in brass for other ranks, silver for officers. I believe that there was a higher gold class as well.

Curiously, the silver grade crosses were made in .925 and .935 silver. I also recall seeing an .800 silver version.

The cross was accompanied with an ornate document, pictured below.

A common method of displaying the 'decoration' by Polish soldiers was via a small badge mounted onto the beret to the left of the eagle, pictured below.

Oh, and that is just a “freakishly shaped stain” on your case

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Lets see your Polish Militaria Display! 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Ive used the type of pins used to pin butterflies to displays in frames, they are thin and end in a loop so look inconspicuous .

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    Ive used the type of pins used to pin butterflies to displays in frames, they are thin and end in a loop so look inconspicuous .
    Hi Rob,

Any pics you can share to illustrate what you mean?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi Tony , Great collection !
    Heres a quickly improvised display i made by tacking a piece of wool to a piece of thick, soft card. the pins are very thin so dont mess up my eagles and show up as much as the nail head pins .

Hi again Rob,

Thanks for your kind comments, and for clearing up the pin thing. Now I see what you mean. Those do work very well.

Many thanks again,
    Tony

Tony,

Thank you very much for the in-depth post, your knowledge and collection of these items never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks again.

?

Attachment 145842My uniform coat and tousers. Got this at a local thrift store. Rich A. in Pa.

Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast