Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Hello,
    Very interesting post ! I see that the experts are here...
    Today I add new pictures on my blog : documents from a 9th batallion's member (paratrooper also), blog dedicated to the 1rst polish armored division. I have seen the Podhale Tunic, I am happy because I had lost the picture and contact (problem with my computer). Can I use it for my blog ?

1° D.B. Polonaise du Général Maczek

Ze-Pole

Hi again, you are welcome to use my pics of the battledress. Just give me a credit for the pics.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Tony, my VIS does have the "P35(P)" marking but it is a bit faint in pic. You are correct, it is devoid of the shoulder stock slot
    Cheers, Ade.
    If the serial number prefix is the letter “M” then you have a very interesting ‘crossover’ pistol. The “M” series pistols marked the start of the Grade II series pistols (as per one of the classification systems) – by which time the “P35(p)” stamp was discontinued, or at least supposed to have been discontinued. Your pistol proves otherwise.

By the advent of the Grade II the Germans had exhausted the pre-war stocks of parts and the guns were starting their ‘cosmetic’ and functional decline as non-essential elements were deleted in to increase production.

As an aside, I found this interesting list of comments about the Vis pistol:

Pistolet page!

In my opinion the Radom would have to be one of the better 9mm Parabellum
    pistols of the second world war. It was well made comfortable to handle
    and incorporated some of the best features of both the Browning Hi Power and the Colt 1911A1.

Modern Firearms - Handguns - Vis wz35

According to some sources (incl. Guns & Ammo magazine), WiS vz35 is one of the best handguns ever built.

Vis (weapon) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Considered by many to be one of the finest handguns ever produced, it is highly prized among collectors of firearms.

The tests proved that the handgun was very accurate and stable (due to its size and mass, most stresses are absorbed and not passed on the shooter), while at the same time remaining reliable after firing more than 6000 rounds. The Vis was generally regarded as one of the best military pistols of that period.

German WWII Radom Pistol Holster - International Military Antiques

With the defeat of Poland in 1939 Nazi Germany immediately pressed into service and continued production of the POLISH RADOM 9mm pistol. Considered one of the finest handguns of the WWII period.

Polish Pistols

Wz.35 Radom
    This may be the best combat pistol ever made that no one knows about. It is similar in operation to the Browning High-Power, but the mechanism makes recoil less violent than even the Browning, and also limits wear on the moving parts. It can be cocked with the thumb, and the only safety is a grip safety, allowing quick times into action. Pre-World War 2 Radoms are of excellent quality.

Hi Tony, yes it is an "M" series (M1607)

That is nice to know

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

Quick question guys,during the Polish-soviet war the Polish army used Adrian helmets right?Well ive seen a couple with a eagle badge attached do you guys have any idea on how they attached the eagle badge?Did they just glue it onto the helmet?

Thanks

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Quick question guys,during the Polish-soviet war the Polish army used Adrian helmets right?Well ive seen a couple with a eagle badge attached do you guys have any idea on how they attached the eagle badge?Did they just glue it onto the helmet?
    Yes, the French M15 was the main helmet, although the Polish Army at this time was also using German M16 and 17, Italian M16, Russo-Finnish M17, Austrian M17 “Berndorfers” and even English Mk.1’s and American M17’s. At this very early stage of the reformed Polish Army (after national independence was regained in 1918) they were in dire need of any available equipment. Standardization of equipment would be started in earnest after the border wars were settled in 1920.

Metal eagle badges for the French M15, when used, were mounted to one or both of the metal openings found on the front of the French M15. The lower slot was sometimes also used for a metal officer’s rosette.

Regards,
    T.

Quote by ze-pole View Post
    Bonjour Stéphane Ze-Pole . . and welcome aboard!

Thanks for your kind words added to the pics you posted of my recently acquired officer cadet 9th Flanders Rifles Battalion BD tunic. (some additional pics posted below)

I highly recommend Mr. Ze-Pole’s excellent 1st Polish Armoured Division tribute site to everyone here. There is much awesome Polish militaria posted there to feast your eyes on , so be sure to check it out.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

3mk
    ?

Thanks for the info Tony and great tunic!Ze-Pole great website!

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Great badges!Are they all originals?
    I was told that the Polish Institute in London commisioned various badges to be made post war. I suspect that these badges are from that commision, nevertheless thay are of top quality. I collected them many years ago when they cost between £5 and £10. John.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Nice Blackpowder!Where did you get the first knife??
    The first knife I bought on ebay. I still want to know if it is a Polish fighting knife.

Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast