Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Nice display and badge Tony ill try making my own pin.

Thanks Gary! My dedication is twofold . . . definitely the preservation of Poland’s great military history, but also dedication to alleviating the stress of a hectic work and family life! For many years it was the top to bottom renovation of our house, and since finishing that project I’ve been de-stressing through the organization the hobby stuff. It makes for a healthier escape than sitting in the pub with the guys packing on the pounds swilling beer and eating chicken wings . . . as much as I enjoy that too!

Quote by 3mk View Post
    . . . ill try making my own pin.
    Emil, here’s a real one for you:

"Pa?ka" (593217271) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

Cheers,
    Tony

PS But before I go . . . below is a simple display frame housing the three grades of the Medal / Cross of Independence, a higher Polish decoration instituted in 1930, and one of my favorites for several reasons. Included are two award / ID booklets. These served the dual purpose as a discount card for transit / rail travel – a perk offered by the nation as a token of appreciation to recipients.

The 1st Class Cross of Independence with Swords in the center is a genuine example of one of 1828 awarded. This makes it one of the rarest of the pre-war decorations – and no surprise - also one of the most faked.

Also pictured are some other related items – a complete 2nd Class set with original diploma award tube, issue cases, and a rare ‘swords’ award diploma.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

3mk
    ?

Thanks Tony ill try my luck to win the auction

Nice medals the cross and medal of independence are my favorite medals to.

3mk
    ?

Im selling some of my communist militaria does anyone know how much i should sell this for??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Hi Emil,

The communist era stuff is an area I stay well away from, primarily for ideological reasons. But I have noticed that the market for these artifacts from the dreary era of Soviet occupation and oppression has been on the upswing.

Is that a hat band you have there? Aside form this the eagles and rank stars are common items and I can’t imagine the value for the lot including the band being over 20-30USD tops. List on ebay and see what happens. Good luck!

Regards,
    Tony

3mk
    ?

Thanks Tony!

Finally got around to snapping a few pics of some smaller frames.

One frame houses Polish 2nd Corps ‘Syrenka’ cloth insignia variants along with the three sizes of the Polski II Korpus badge and an original issue packet from the Italian maker.

Another has the official Polish 2nd Corps 2nd Artillery Group badge along with ‘mock ups’ of two design prototypes that never were ultimately rejected in favour of the one at the top. Also included to fill out the frame is a nice period post card pic.

Also there a pre-war display containing badges and shoulder strap monograms used by the 8th Ulan Regiment and the 37th Łęczycki Infantry Regiment. Both regiments shared Polish hero and great military figure Prince Józef Antoni Poniatowski (1763 – 1813) as their honorary patron. The badges and monograms or original pre-war items, although the wz.19 eagle perched on top of the JP monogrammed pennon is some sort of patriotic device of unknown age.

Lastly is a thrift store frame I cut down to fit some WW2 era variants of Polish Armed Forces in the West shoulder titles. I never actually set out to collect these, but over the years pairs and singles were acquired here and there. One day it occurred to me that they’d look better in a frame than the bottom of a cigar box.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Once again Tony, beautifully done!

I honestly think when it comes to a collection, good presentation is the key. I have seen very rare and expensive collections badly displayed and they look nothing. Yet a well themed and displayed collection of more humble items can look really impressive and is a credit to the owner.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Very Impressive Tony !!!
    Beautifully displayed !

Gary J.

Hi Ade and Gary, many thanks for your kind comments on those few small display frames. I get restless seeing the various things accumulating here and there and this framing habit is how I quench my neurotic need for organization!

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast