Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Did you not ever go to the Sikorski Muszeum and Instytut in your time Piwo?

?

was your time a long time ago Piwo?
    ;-)

?

Michal,

Here is some close up of that grouping.

cheers,

PwoLets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

?

I did get to visit the Sikorski on later visits to England. I was very fortunate to meet Mr. Suchiz the curator and author of some great articles on Polish Exile forces.

In my collecting I purchased some 200 soldiers files, mostly NCO's and junior officers, who were Polish internees in Switzerland after they evacuated France. I donated them all to the Sikorski Institute.

I met a wonderful docent during my tour of the Institute and we shared a light lunch at Daquis Cafe. As she described herself, she was one of Ander's Children, one of the fortunate Poles who managed to be evacuated from the grasp of Stalin. Daquis Cafe is a short walk from the Institute and was established by the former commandant of Oberlangen POW Camp for female AK members. It was famously liberated by a unit from the Polish 1st. Armored Division.

?

Dorava,

I have visited England numerous times since then. My most recent was when I attended the huge military event in Kent. They call it the War and Peace Show. It was most impressive and I did find some great Polish items but the prices were steep. And it was by sheer accident that I finally met Gary J. We shared a pint or two and swapped stories. With the exchange rate being what it is I haven't been back to England in some 6 years. I did mange to take a tour of northern Poland in 1998 with a group from the Polish Museum of America in Chicago. It was the God, guns and guts tour...... churches, cemeteries, museums, battlefields and Antiki and Numismatic shops. We also managed to visit the big outdoor market in Warsaw.
    We visited Warsaw, Gdansk, Posen all across the northern Poland. I was not able to visit Krakow or the mountain areas. I found some nice pieces but the antiquities laws prevented me from taking them out of Poland.

?

Here is an interesting 1st. Armored Division grouping.

The handkerchief, lead cast silver painted Polish eagles, the Belgium ribbons, collar pennons and a few pieces of paperwork were all together with the
    British 39-45 star battle ribbons.

The two Breda pieces are part of another grouping I have to Stanislaw Krupa.

cheers,

Piwo

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

?

While this is not true piece of military insignia or uniform I find that "trench art" , war time keepsake or memento's are a very personal way to keep in mind friends and family during the worst times one can ever imagine.

Sort of softens the reality of the horrors of war.

Maybe we need a trench art section?

Two handkerchiefs, embroidered and silk screened with one that is clearly for the 1st Armored Division soldier in mind.

Thanks,
    Piwo

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

?

Polish miners in France and French made cap eagles.

I have only seen one book that shows these patches

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Would someone please provide more information on these.

thanks,

Piwo

Quote by Piwo2 View Post
    . . . I have only seen one book that shows these patches . . .Would someone please provide more information on these.
    I also have one of these same patches and would like to learn more about it.

As far as the small badge, it is for veterans of the Polish Labour Units in Northern France. The badge made of aluminum by the French firm Augis – Lyon, measuring 26 x 16mm. It's a rather obscure chapter of the Polish experience during WW2 that I haven’t found too much information about.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Militaria offers surprises ...

Imagine years ago, I send to a friend who collects the 2nd Polish Corps the following information : "Go quickly on this eBay link, you'll see, this is a nice grouping, with parts of a brilliant officer of the 2nd Corps Polish ".
    The friend thanks me and wins the auction.

He gets a 2nd Corps breast badge, 2nd Corps insignia handle silver, 8th Army insignia handle gold, buttons, a star of rank, decorations of ribbons, shoulders of "Public Relations Officer" and a very nice badge: that of Polish General Staff before the War ... A rare item.

Then the friend asked the seller some information about the Polish officer, and, surprise, it's General Rudnicki ! The friend called me and informed me of this news: "I know your interest in the 1rst pol arm div ... but I collect the 2nd Corps... and this grouping is for the two units ... but if one day I separated, I will contact "

Right in my theme!

And I had got by past items from the first lieutenant Skolimowski (who was his “secretary” ; I don’t know how to translate the word which means the officer who serves the general every day…)

The General Rudnicki in Italy :

Well, I were very happy for my friend but told myself that I would never have such a set up ... but he just sold me this set ... A real friend !
    Ze-Pole

2nd Corps Breast badge and star :

Arm insignia for 2nd Corps, arm insignia for 8th Army and medals :

Patch collars of the general :

Polish General Staff breast badge, pre War :

Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 ... LastLast