Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Zahigkeit
    ?

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Hey Tony,

Yeah, I know the plate is out of the time range but figured I'd share anyway. That plate you just posted is fantastic...totally mint!

Regardless of what you paid for it, it's quite a find!

- Mike

Thanks Mike,

The price wasn’t all that bad at around $75. Well worth it. Needles to say, not much of the pre-war Polish military tableware has survived, but these items when found are often in quite good shape. As a watcher of the Antiques Roadshow programs it’s not unusual to see the appraisers reviewing porcelain, china and glazed ceramics from the 19th and 18th centuries that look like they were made yesterday afternoon. Quite amazing. As long as they can avoid chips or breaks, by their nature the artwork and colours adorning them don’t fade, yellow or deteriorate so they remain looking fresh for centuries. I wish I could say the same about myself!

Cheers,
    T.

?

Tony,
    There is a forum on the go which was actually created by one of the members here ! (Polpara)
    It initially was covering the Polish re-enactor scene, .. but there are sections that cater for questions etc on the Polish Exile forces.

The forum is at :

Polish Reenactors Message Board - Home

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    How about starting an entire English language website / discussion forum be devoted to Polish militaria? There are sufficient collectors in this hobby to warrant such a site. Now to find someone with the time and energy to start one! Until then we’ll just need to keep carrying on with our discussions attached to German / Soviet discussion forums. Considering our history something just doesn’t sound quite right about that, does it?!

Regards,
    T

Hi Gary,

Sorry for my slow reply. Summer's in full swing and there just isn't as much free time to keep up with the hobby. Many thanks for the link to this site! I’ve just signed up and it looks very good.

Hope you’re keeping well.

Narazie,
    Tony

PS While I'm at it might as well share this recent pick up of a nicely handcrafted souvenir that belonged to an officer the the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division HQ - marked "Souvenir of Italy 1944-1946".

Also, I recommend this newly released book to anyone with an interest in the Polish Armed Forces in the West. Over 700 pages jammed full of such items, including badges, documents, etc.
    Polskie Si?y Zbrojne na Zachodzie - pami?tki (695145231) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

?

Nice piece Tony ...
    So typical of the adhoc items the Poles seemed to have made ..

Book.
    I was talking with GFC on the phone, and he also mentioned this book ... biggest drawback seems to be the price.
    I gather there's some English texts in the back .. which of course in my case would prove useful !!

Cheers

Gary

3mk
    ?

Im still here in Poland and so far ive bought or gotten
    12 pre- war buttons
    4 post war buttons
    a pre- war canteen
    a firefighter helmet
    1 early communist eagle
    1 Partisan eagle with Black Madonna in the middle worn by the Cursed Soldiers
    1 modern green beret with a sew on eagle
    1 belt
    pre- war officer pants
    pre- war officer boot
    A RPII PRL or RPIII Virtuti Militari with the document sadly stating that the recipient was awarded this after he Died.

I hope theres more to come 8D

3mk
    ?

Today i bought a pre war 10 years service medal for 26 zloty and a early after war Polonia Resistuta for 9 zloty

3mk
    ?

I got back from a antiques flea market and got
    -2 pre war buttons ones a officers button
    -3rd of may medal for 3 ZLOTY!!
    -A badge from the battle of Komarow
    -10 years of indepence medal
    -Pre war Ksiazecka Wojskowa
    -a ryngraf
    -and some pre war coins

I bought this WZ.35 Polish Signals, Engineers or Lancers 2nd Lieutenant's Cap.

This is one of my favorite items.

It has the makers label inside with the place of production - Poznan.

I think the officer must have belonged to the Poznan Army Group.

It also has an unusual german makers stamp inside the sweatband dated 1939, do you think this means it is a german sweatband used as a replacement after the war ?

The chinstrap is made of thin pebbled leather instead of the usual thicker smooth leather, can anyone explain this ?

If anyone sees a original WZ.35 Polish Signals or Engineer's 2nd Lieutenant's tunic or Greatcoat. Or a pair of original Polish Officer's breeches, (even Collar Patches and Greatcoat insignia) or any relating items, please let me know !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Hi Justin,

Can you show us pictures of the underside, including the maker’s label and the 1939 dated sweatband markings?

The silver piping appears to have a copper colour where the silver plating is worn away. Can you confirm this? (the picture is blurry and I cannot make this out).

>>> If anyone sees a original WZ.35 Polish Signals or Engineer's 2nd Lieutenant's tunic or Greatcoat. Or a pair of original Polish Officer's breeches . . . <<<

Don’t hold your breath!

Regards,
    Tony

PS re the dark hat band, if it is black (as it appears to be, although faded to the characteristic brown as some do) could also be for horse artillery. Also, you mention it could be a lancer regiment. I do not know of any lancer regiment that used a black band.

Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast