Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for information on member of Cichociemni

Article about: Would anyone have any information on a Stefan Jan Hejduk who was recruited as a Cichociemni? According to the family he was a doctor, was unfortunately caught and executed. He was posthumous

Default Looking for information on member of Cichociemni

Would anyone have any information on a Stefan Jan Hejduk who was recruited as a Cichociemni? According to the family he was a doctor, was unfortunately caught and executed. He was posthumously awarded either a Medal of Honor or VIRTUTI MILITARI? All the family knows about his exploits is that he helped Jews escape the Nazis, any further information would be appreciated.

Chris.....

Hello Chris,

I have looked through Jan Lorys book listing the recipients of the Parachute Badge with no luck, I have also checked the Virtuti Militari Recipient List's by both Andrzej Suchcitz and Prof. Wesolowski also unfortunately with no joy.

I then tried the 1932 Rocznik Oficerski and the 1934 Reserve Officers Yearbook both with no luck, unfortunately Chris I have drawn a blank on this one.

Apologies

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks Andrzej would 'Order of the White Eagle' and 'Medal of Honor' be one in the same?
    Is there a recipients list for it?

Chris......

Hello Chris,

Many thanks for your post, the Order of the White Eagle is the top Polish Order and award, whilst the Virtuti Militari Order is equivalent to the Medal of Honor in the US.

I cannot at this moment lay my hands on my copy of the Order of the White Eagle history it contains the list of recipients, I will look for it and let you know.

I have also done a Google search for Stefan Jan Hejduk with no joy as yet.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hey Andrzej sorry to pester, any luck?

Chris.....

Hello Chris,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I have looked high and low for my copy of the Order of the White Eagle unfortunately it seems that it has been given away to a local charity shop.

Perhaps Tony has a copy to hand or one of the other members of the forum.

Once again Apologies Chris

Best wishes

Andrzej