Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Many Polish ww2 items in forthcoming auction

Article about: Hi Guys There are many Polish items coming up in a local auction house, Midlands UK. Thought some of you may be interested, in the three day sale Bamfords Auctioneers & Valuers cheers Re

Reg
    ?

Default Many Polish ww2 items in forthcoming auction

Hi Guys

There are many Polish items coming up in a local auction house, Midlands UK. Thought some of you may be interested, in the three day sale

Bamfords Auctioneers & Valuers

cheers
    Reg

Default Re: Many Polish ww2 items in forthcoming auction

Thanks Reg!

IMO this is one Polish national treasure that surely belongs in the Warsaw Rising museum and not a private collection!

The Warsaw Uprising, authenticated Komorowski relic of National Importance to Poland, Polish Militaria, World War Two, General Tadeusz Bor Komorowski's white-and-red arm band stamped WP (Wojsko Polskie = Polish Army) with a Polish eagle, which he wore during the Warsaw Uprising in 1944, authenticated with two typed letters dated 1962, both signed by General Komorowski, (General Tadeusz Komorowski (1895-1966), known as Bor Komorowski, was a Polish military leader, Brigadier General of Polish Home Army. He organised the Warsaw Uprising in 1944)
    £3000-5000
    Attached Images Attached Images Many Polish ww2 items in forthcoming auction 
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Agreed.

Gary J.

No doubt! I wonder how it is that it's not already in a museum. Seems like a natural piece to have been deposited at the Sikorski in London.

Thanks for the post Reg

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Reg,

Bamfords in Derby seem to be getting quite a bit of Polish Militaria, their 3 Day Sale in March had about 8 or more Uniforms and other related items, I only came across it when surfing the net but I will keep an eye out in the future.

Many thanks

Andrzejku

Reg
    ?

Hi Andrezejku

I had a friend at the sale and he told me there was alot of interest in the Polish uniforms etc (I asked him to bid for some ww1 "butcher bayonets" but they started at my highest and went on to £450 ish for 3 of them????)... I intended to put the last sale on here also but as I keep finding lately, time prohibited it. Im afraid I will not be at this coming sale either so I wont know what prices are reached for the lots. Ill try and find out though, the arm band really does deserve to be in a national collection IMO too.

Glad its of interest

Reg

?

Guys,

Whose collection are they liquidating?

I examined the catalog offerings..that is some bulk collecting?

The pennants are really neat.....but the quantity of materials is alarming...without seeing it all in person...one cannot tells what is original or repro.

I fear that dealers will scoop up and redistribute a lot of it back into the market....while puffing up the items with repro or postwar items.

Anyone going to the auction or bidding via phone?

Thaks for sharing the info.
    Piwo

?

PK ..
    I think there is a mention of Semkow in one of the descriptions ..
    If so, a known Polish collector of old ...
    Some nice stuff ... and it will fetch high prices I think .... AND you are probably right, the groups will get split down and sold off in spits and spats ..

Gary J.

"Anyone going to the auction or bidding via phone?"
    PK .. I didn't realise that the "old telefunken" had reached that far into the colonies !!! .... you are not allowed to bid by morse code, telegram or carrier pidgeon ....

Cheers
    Gary.
    Last edited by Gary J; 06-20-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Good news! Just heard that the 'Bor' Komorowski white-and-red arm band was purchased by the Warsaw Rising Museum

Authentication letters signed by 'Bor' Komorowski.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Many Polish ww2 items in forthcoming auction   Many Polish ww2 items in forthcoming auction  

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Reg
    ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast