MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Many Polish ww2 items in forthcoming auction

Article about: Hi Guys There are many Polish items coming up in a local auction house, Midlands UK. Thought some of you may be interested, in the three day sale Bamfords Auctioneers & Valuers cheers Re

Bombardier Billy Wells
    ?

Default Re: Many Polish ww2 items in forthcoming auction

This was my last job as a cataloguer before I left Bamfords. I was extremely pleased that the Rising Museum sent a representative to the sale and acquired the armband after being contacted by one of my then colleagues. In my 30 years as a auction cataloguer the armband was one of the most evocative things I ever had the honour to catalogue. The items in the sale realised £25000 (hammer price) and the remains of the collection will appear in a subsequent auction, sadly I won't have the joy of cataloguing them.

Default Re: Many Polish ww2 items in forthcoming auction

Hello Mr. Wells,

Many thanks for your comments. We are all pleased to know that this armband will become part of the Warsaw Uprising Museum, and I look forward to seeing it in person one day.

The photograph below pictures General Bór-Komorowski in October 1944 on his way to POW camp following the signing of the act of capitulation. The armband is clearly visible.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Many Polish ww2 items in forthcoming auction  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2