Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mistery metal eagle badge: Polish? Airborne?

Article about: Hello everybody: I'm enclosing the pics of a badge representing an eagle which has been sold to me as something related to the 4th Indian Divion, but from the fitting device (nut and bolt) s

Default Mistery metal eagle badge: Polish? Airborne?

Hello everybody: I'm enclosing the pics of a badge representing an eagle which has been sold to me as something related to the 4th Indian Divion, but from the fitting device (nut and bolt) seems rather to be a Polish badge, possibly related to airborne/para troops? I haven't got a clue... any hints? Thank you in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mistery metal eagle badge: Polish?  Airborne?   Mistery metal eagle badge: Polish?  Airborne?  

Last edited by Loupie1961; 09-22-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Default Re: Mistery metal eagle badge: Polish? Airborne?

Hi Loupie,

I have never seen this badge and strongly doubt it is associated with the Polish WW2 forces, despite what appear to be similarities in design and construction.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Agree with Tony .....
    More likely associated with 4th Indian Division ..

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Agree with Tony .....
    More likely associated with 4th Indian Division ..

Regards

Gary J.
    Gary, the design of the eagle is rather not the 4th Indian Division one, that usually has got spread rather than serrated wings, whereas the fitting with bolt and nut is not to be seen on British/Commonwealth badges.... Still I must agree that such a badge scarcely looks Polish at all!

This eagle is indeed neither Polish nor Indian, but Norwegian! It's a (current issue) Norwegian Air Force cap badge for the visor cap.
    Cheers,
    Mikael

Quote by mgidhagen View Post
    This eagle is indeed neither Polish nor Indian, but Norwegian! It's a (current issue) Norwegian Air Force cap badge for the visor cap.
    Cheers,
    Mikael
    Mistery solved, thank you Michael!