Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Monte Cassino Cross

Article about: Can anyone help me find out who was originally awarded a monte cassino cross with with serial number 7 079. Thanks for your help.

Hello conrado,

actually there are few more things to clarify in history of Fran's grandfather military service. For example documents provided by MoD inform us that Aleksander Kubisiak was attached to 1st company 2nd Motor Commando Battalion. However he is not listed as soldier of 1st Coy in its War Diary available on PISM site. In previous post I mentioned 2nd Commando Btn rooster. Thankfully I was able do look inside a little bit earlier then I thought. It states that Aleksander Kubisiak served in Support Company and was never in 1st Coy - any changes would be mentioned. Also the rooster states that Fran's grandfather had accomplished 7 grades of education in contrary to 3 grades from MoD papers.
    The last adnotation in his service history is long-term furlong to France from 6th November 1945. I believe it requires a little bit of context. From September 1945 Polish Armed Forces in West were banned from expanding its numbers, so to accommodate new recruits from Poland any foreigner serving in PAF would be discharged. Aleksander Kubisiak held French citizenship, so I believe that he was given furlong with information that he was not expected to return. Such was also the case with Jan Gendera, who was also French citizen and was given furlong on 11th September 1945.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino Cross  

?

Thank you for this Igor

I haven't been very active for the last couple of months, I'm a bit stuck at this point. My mother scanned his record from the British MOD, but they're not of a good enough quality, and I still can't go and visit her to make better scans, she lives too far away and France is still in lockdown.

I was supposed to go to Warsaw in April to check the Military Archives. I had booked my plane tickets in March the day before Poland closed its borders and I had to cancel everything.

It is still something that I'll do at some point in the future though.

Hi, I would like to ask about recipient MCC number 27 980. Thank you.

About the Recipient of the MCC Numbered 27980:

Sierż. Jan Ajszpur, Army Number: 1902-21-III, Unit: 16 Kompania Zaopatrywania (16th Supply Company)

Monte Cassino Cross

Regards
    Konrad

Thank you.

Once again, number 29187?

Hello ArmiaPolska,

Many thanks for your post, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 29187, the Recipients details were as follows :

Surname : Jaworski

Christian Name : Leonard

Fathers Name : Stanisław

Date of Birth : 1901

Army Number : 1901-30-III

Unit : Headquarters Squadron P4Panc.

In the Regimental History he is listed as receiving the BKZzM x 2.

Hope it helps you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello ArmiaPolska,

I have also downloaded the following information for you :

Monte Cassino Cross

Captured by the soviets on Monday 18th September 1939 and joined the Ander's Army at Tatiszczewo on Friday 5th September 1941.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Great news Andrzej. Thank you again

Andrzej : MC # 28425 please. Thanks

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast