Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 536 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 529 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hi Mark,

Some great work there! Thanks for sharing this.

On your Beret Unit Insignia page, the “Which Unit?” is the 10th Volhynian Hussar Regiment, attached to the 14 Wielkopolska Armoured Brigade.

Monte Cassino cross

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Was Wawrzyniec a relative of yours? I have him listed in my father's book as Sekuła. He died on the spot in action along with a whole bunch of other sappers, on the Polish Sappers Road.

?

Page 3 in willow green Beret unit isnignia. A photo of an officer of the 10th Hussar Regiment. I have just noticed Tony's post so let me edit my post with information that the 7 Anti-Tank Artillery Regiment and the 11 Heavy Artillery Regiment badges are post-war veterans badges. So is the 10 Heavy Artillery badge below:

Monte Cassino cross

Best,
    Kosa.
    Last edited by kosa; 05-06-2014 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Tony's post.

My father Podporucznik Jerzy Gradosielski VM, (British) MC, MCC 21566 is wrongly listed - his number is 25166. Monte Cassino cross

Hello Elzunia Go,

May I be the first to welcome you to the forum, and please accept my apologies for miss typing your Fathers MCC Number it has been corrected.

I thought that I would also post a larger photograph of your Father and a photograph of his awards

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

(click on the photographs to enlarge in a new window)

I thought that I would point out a couple of mistakes on the Label describing your Fathers awards:

1) The Desert Star is the Afica Star

2) The Meritorious Service Cross is the Cross of Merit.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Re my last post and the various badges. I have uploaded better quality images for your perusal.
    Regards, OSTRO

Dear Ken,

Whilst looking through the PISM Archives online have you already seen the following archives list:

1) Papers of Individuals and of Exiled Organisations.

2) List of Families with members serving in the Polish Armed Forces deported to the USSR (downloads as: SpisRodzin)

3) Page 1206 you might find of interest.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hello everyone,

Another face of a recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino cross

Kanonier Waclaw Kurman MCC 36097

Monte Cassino cross

July 1944 Trumpeteer P6Panc plays the Hejnal above Montefano

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    (...) I thought that I would point out a couple of mistakes on the Label describing your Fathers awards:

1) The Desert Star is the Afica Star

2) The Meritorious Service Cross is the Cross of Merit.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Outside of this in the order of precedence for Polish medals the Monte Cassino Cross ranks behind the War Medal.

Best,
    Kosa

?

Dear Andrzejku, I'm sure you are right about the photo of the trumpet playing soldier since you know the source you got it from, but I would have expected to see the lion badge on his beret... especially in profile. Just a thought.

Best regards, Mark OSTRO

Monte Cassino cross

Page 29 of 536 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 529 ... LastLast