Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 38 of 536 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

Good find. I used to have that poster on my wall when I was a kid!!!

With regards to Kapral (Corporal) Jan MATYJASIK, Born 1910, Army Service Number (also found on his ID Tags): 1910-5-III, Unit 1st Sanitation Company was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 8812.

Is there a way of identifying exactly which badges/Medals he was entitled to? We have a letter dated 1964 that states what Jan MATYJASIK was entitled to and it didnt include the MCC looking at the many posts on this site it strikes us that there are medals that were authorised after this date such as the Polish forces in the west Cross (not sure if this is the correct name for it) and as he was in the Polish forces in 1939 perhaps he is entitled to a medal for the original service during the invasion?

We know he is entitled to the Grunwald badge but what other badges would he have had - i.e. the Tobruk Badge, 2nd Corps badge, etc

Is this the right forum to ask ? if not id appreciate any and all suggestions.

I would also appreciate the same for GRZEBULA Christian Name: Jozef, Rank: Bombadier (Lance Corporal/Artillery), Born: 1909, Army Service Number: 1909-117-III, Unit 7PAPLot.Lek. (7th Light Anti Aircraft Artillery Regiment) as it would be nice to complete his collection as well.

We are planning when it is all done to get everything framed for the wall in commemoration of those that fought and died at Monte Cassino, so all help is greatfully appreciated.

Default Corporal Jan Matyjasik MCC

We thought it would be a good idea to upload a picture of Jan Matyjasik as you have all helped us so much we thought you would like to see a picture of the man himself.

Thank you all
    Attached Images Attached Images Monte Cassino cross 

?

Default A girl from a famous Polish Second Corps Postcard

Mrs. Maria Pasierbek-Szmidt.

Monte Cassino cross

Andrzejku, would you be so kind as to find her MCC number. She was PSK. Thank you

Hello Everyone,

I just thought that you might like to see the following photographs from Prince Harry's visit to Monte Cassino today along with Polands Prime Minister Donald Tusk and his wife.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Best wishes

Andrzejku

p.s. click the photos to open in a new page.

Dear Lee,

In answer to your question, about more information on Jan Matyjasik, I have found him listed in the book listing soldiers in the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade serving with a Sanitation Unit, by the end of the war he had been promoted to Plutowny (Lance Sergeant) attached to 3DSK Headquarters.

Also interesting is the photograph of Jan that you posted it looks as if he is wearing the 3DSK Division Collar Badge for Musicians in their Military Band although in Guido Rosignoli's book it titles the collar badge as 3DSK Orchestra.

I hope that this little bit of information is helpful and hopefully one of the members will be able to check the list of Recipients of the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade Badge to see if he was awarded one.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

Jan Matyjasik's photo reminded me of something that might be useful... now or possibly later:

Monte Cassino cross

It's Greyscale because the photographs we usually look at are too.
    Best regards, Mark Ostrowski
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Last edited by ostro; 05-18-2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Added VM

?

...and for those who like it colourful!

Monte Cassino cross

OSTRO

Thank you Ostro this is very useful indeed

Page 38 of 536 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast